Whos snotty? Sign in here...

3 watchers
Oct 2014
12:59pm, 29 Oct 2014
15,132 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Not so much snotty, as sandpaper-throated. I've had it since Monday, but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Katie has had it for even longer, and it's showing no signs of shifting :-/
Oct 2014
1:00pm, 29 Oct 2014
15,133 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
But on the positive side, it's not actually doing anything other than just being a bit uncomfortable.
Oct 2014
1:58pm, 29 Oct 2014
5,951 posts
  •  
lammo
Indeed Fetch i also seem to have a cold lite
Oct 2014
2:17pm, 29 Oct 2014
4,881 posts
  •  
Garfield
Snotty and annoyed eyeballs from it. I had the sandpaper throat on Monday and suffered at work, and just couldn't drink enough water to feel better. Hubby then gave me a couple of slugs of JD for medicinal purposes!
Jan 2018
8:23am, 18 Jan 2018
28,114 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I was trying to find the equivalent of the "Injury bench" for folk that haven't run for a while due to injury, but one for sickness, for folk who haven't run for a while because of a cold, flu or other illness that is hindering running. This thread will have to do!

I had 2 weeks off to rest a niggle that I didn't want to get worse. Then was just back to 3 runs in a week, when the cold struck. It's been 2 weeks now and I haven't run. That's nearly a month lost and I've got London coming up. Hoping to shift it by end of week and re-start training next weeek. But need to restart gradually to avoid injuring myself by going back too quickly.

My actual illness is trivial - just a cold, but it's done the full cycle of sneezing and running nose, then aches and shivers, then phlegmy, into my chest, to a cough and now very full head and sinuses. Should be done soon though, I hope! Vit C, oranges, max strength flu pills (effectively paracetamol and caffeine aren't they?!) and trying to stay hydrated. Anyone else stuffed with the cold? :-) G
Jan 2018
12:52pm, 19 Jan 2018
606 posts
  •  
Muddie
I've a similar story but with illness [had to go home from work] rather than injury, followed by the cold that started with me losing my voice. Last run was 10th December & only 17 miles through November/December. I've been on the honey & lemon concoction for so long I may turn into a bee. But I am now mended [I hope] and went for a run/walk this morning. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. :-) Hope everyone else gets better soon x
Jan 2018
12:44pm, 20 Jan 2018
28,120 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Lol Muddie. Lemon n honey here too. Hopefully clearing. Need to get in to work. Priority. But running would be good too! :-) G

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
How long have you been snotty for... how have you modified your training? What have you missed out o...