Whos snotty? Sign in here...

3 watchers
Dec 2012
3:58pm, 8 Dec 2012
1,397 posts
  •  
Lyns
How long have you been snotty for... how have you modified your training? What have you missed out on? Share your worries/ stress / recovery...
Dec 2012
4:02pm, 8 Dec 2012
1,398 posts
  •  
Lyns
So I am having a non-day today. I started feeling rough on Thursday and really properly snottery and with fever by Friday night. Didn't train Thurs, Fri or today... might manage a wee gentle jog tomorrow...

Worried I might not hit my 500km for the year target.. also annoyed as was supposed to begin a serious hill-running training block for my end Jan off-road duathlon.

Who else?
Dec 2012
4:11pm, 8 Dec 2012
45,810 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
about three days and i dont alter my training

*passes hanky*
Dec 2012
4:13pm, 8 Dec 2012
1,399 posts
  •  
Lyns
Really plodding??? I always find myself with a very bad chesty cough when I run with the snots... and that the whole thingy lasts much much longer.
Dec 2012
4:25pm, 8 Dec 2012
45,811 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
yes really
But i would not advise it
I probably prolonged my pneumonia at the beginning of the year by not stopping running
I did however miss tow marathons and was ill for two months

If feverish, then you are doing the right thing by backing off
xx
Dec 2012
4:26pm, 8 Dec 2012
1,062 posts
  •  
FurryFeet
I bet my six yo is out snorting the lot of you.
Fortunately, it does seem to be affecting his mood.
Dec 2012
4:27pm, 8 Dec 2012
1,400 posts
  •  
Lyns
here, have one of my special balsalm hankies... gentle on the red nose :o)
Dec 2012
4:27pm, 8 Dec 2012
45,812 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
I sneezed last night and it was a yellow disgusting fest
Went everywhere

ewwwwww

And I *am * in a bad mood

Schnotttttttt
Dec 2012
5:17pm, 8 Dec 2012
988 posts
  •  
wiener dog
I've had it AGAIN ( had it 6 weeks ago ) then came down with it again two days ago. I don't alter my training unless it's more than just a cold. I get hobbible sinus pain and a really bad blocked but still runny nose with colds so I usually break open te Sudafed and the Olbas oil and just try to carry on. I guess in a way I'm lucky 'cos it never seems to get on my chest. The worst thing is the sleep deprivation as I can never seem to sleep if I can't breath through my nose. I must admit my last two runs have been pretty rank with lots of snotting and have had to use my gloves a lot :-0
Dec 2012
11:31am, 9 Dec 2012
1,401 posts
  •  
Lyns
Right, i've reached that stage where my nose is all gunky but i don't 'feel ill' anymore so going to watch the euro xc on telly at 12 then go out for a gentle 5k jog to see what happens...

About This Thread

Maintained by
How long have you been snotty for... how have you modified your training? What have you missed out o...