Who Squares Wins!

1 lurker | 175 watchers
Jan 2022
2:58pm, 31 Jan 2022
21,950 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Not in my time of playing the game in the last 18 months , but it looks like when I get gubbed this week, we will have out first 1500 pointer !
Jan 2022
3:00pm, 31 Jan 2022
21,951 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Ive just remembered that SwimSlowRunSlow keeps training logs private so I have no idea what training to expect and when. I appreciate why people do this but I do find that knowing what your opponent might log does help you to plan your own approach.
Jan 2022
3:40pm, 31 Jan 2022
28,159 posts
  •  
JulesR
I can help there Bazo - she does all the bits, but swimming down her village river then running back is a party piece (I’ve managed to avoid invites to join her except on one scary occasion)
Jan 2022
4:08pm, 31 Jan 2022
21,952 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
haha Jules, ive noticed that every time I have been defeated. Comprehensively

I now its a moot point as I will lose, even if I knew exactly what training was done, when and what squares. However I do like knowing roughly what to expect and I can try to be competitive
Jan 2022
4:23pm, 31 Jan 2022
28,160 posts
  •  
JulesR
The one thing in WsW that’s annoyed be in the past is to get followed by an opponent immediately the weekly match starts - it seemed a bit stalky from an unknown Fetchie without even an fmail sent.

That’s only ever happened to me twice. Was I being over-sensitive?
Jan 2022
4:29pm, 31 Jan 2022
44,195 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
I don't mind an opponent hitting "Follow", in fact it seems like a good move on their part.

I find it frustrating to be matched against an opponent who keeps their training private, though.

Not that either of these things happens very often, but that's my own view on those practices.
Jan 2022
5:21pm, 31 Jan 2022
21,953 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Ive never followed anyone in relation to WSW and just look at training log if its available.

I am aware some people followed me but think my log is open anyway for people to see

Anyway ,off for a run to try and get a lead. I wont have a swim or walk or cycle today and in fact cards on the table I will be mostly running anyway. Maybe get some walking in at the weekend.
Jan 2022
7:12pm, 31 Jan 2022
2,230 posts
  •  
jelly (limegreenjelly)
I found it quite frustrating when I came up against Swimslowrunslow that no matter what I uploaded I would get up the next morning and be back in the losing position again! And I really did a lot of walking, running and cycling that week but she is a formidable player and next time I come up against her I will likely just not kill myself trying to be competitive!
Jan 2022
7:15pm, 31 Jan 2022
21,954 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
That’s a good strategy. I’ve logged 56 squares and in the lead for now. If I am way behind after Wednesday I might just take that as a chance for off grid running.
Jan 2022
8:51pm, 31 Jan 2022
5,152 posts
  •  
RRR-CAZ 🇬🇧
Jelly I am still on dog walking only physio Friday PM might allow me a little run over the weekend 🤞 So no need for you to go mad in your current situation.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
fetcheveryone.com/wsw.php

Game guide here:
fetcheveryone.com/wsw-guide.php