When we're no longer discouraged from travelling..

20 watchers
Mar 2020
10:25pm, 29 Mar 2020
2,721 posts
  •  
TomahawkMike
I think I will lose my Toulouse holiday in early May. However, I have a holiday scheduled in Scotland for two weeks in August. I hope that's on and we are really looking forward to it. If it isnt, then so be it, but it would mean we are in a right mess if we are still not travelling in our country by then.
Mar 2020
10:33pm, 29 Mar 2020
44,210 posts
  •  
McGoohan
I keep reading TMW's post as 'Narnia'!
Mar 2020
10:36pm, 29 Mar 2020
2,723 posts
  •  
TomahawkMike
Been there. Never been to Namibia though.
Mar 2020
10:39pm, 29 Mar 2020
34,701 posts
  •  
LindsD
Heron Lake

Hastings to see Sharkie and Raffo
Luxembourg to see my sister (lucky we saw her in Feb)
Northala Fields parkrun
Mar 2020
10:42pm, 29 Mar 2020
548 posts
  •  
Jenelopy
(I read Namibia as Narnia as well!)

I'm looking forward to a kayak camping trip, either to the Marlborough Sounds (northern South Island), or the Rotorua Lakes.

We were going to go in December, but I was doing fieldwork in Antarctica, so we postponed to February, then house build stuff got in the way and we postponed to Easter. Obviously that has now been postponed again. I always like having the next holiday semi-planned to look forwards to!
Mar 2020
10:54pm, 29 Mar 2020
1,158 posts
  •  
Nessie
We have a week on the West Coast of Scotland booked for October, which I'm hoping will go ahead. Mallorca in July is likely off, but if we are out by then, I'll be getting out in the hills that are calling me. Longer term, I want to visit the cousins I discovered in NY state thanks to the Ancestry DNA kit I got for Christmas.
um
Mar 2020
10:03am, 30 Mar 2020
1,974 posts
  •  
um
I'm guessing this year's planned US west coast - Portland to San Fran by the coast road, then back up inland via lakes & mountains - in Jun/Jul is going to get delayed, so maybe that.

Then there's an extended Tas trip - with walking in Bruny & Maria Island, eg
lifesanadventure.com.au
mariaislandwalk.com.au
And Cradle Mountain again, but not in a snow blizzard. Would like to see it this time,

And there's the SWCP to finish.
We were quite tempted by some of the half price HF holidays just before lockdown, so may have to try those.
Mar 2020
11:51am, 30 Mar 2020
8,210 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
Norfolk is top of our list and then in no particular order apart from the times of year we had hoped to go this year
Northumberland/Cumbria
Rye/Hastings/Camber

I have no desire to travel abroad just yet - but I guess that will change in time.
Mar 2020
11:53am, 30 Mar 2020
17,053 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I'm supposed to be in the Isle of Mull next week

cancelled :-(
Hopefully go next year now
Mar 2020
12:04pm, 30 Mar 2020
31 posts
  •  
CreatureOfTheHill
My local(ish) hills (Cairngorms are 15 miles away).

Not flying, decided that a while back before all this. Environmental reasons and general ethics. Not that we have been able *afford* to travel abroad anyway for a decade or so.
Globalisation and cheap travel has led to the spread and restriction. Suddenly reverting back only leaves us wide open to the next thing.
There is a personal hope that people look to make a bit more of their environment local to them in the future.

About This Thread

Maintained by ChrisHB
Where would you like to go? I really think I'd be happy to have a day out on the coast or in an...