When we're no longer discouraged from travelling..

20 watchers
Apr 2020
12:50pm, 4 Apr 2020
49,205 posts
  •  
Dr PhFleecyD
Sweden
Norway
Would love to go camping again, that was going to be my plan this summer. Will have to put the tent in the garden instead
Will have to go to Sydney at some stage in the next few years to see my family.

I was so looking forward to Japan. Hopefully next summer...
Apr 2020
12:56pm, 4 Apr 2020
45,026 posts
  •  
Bintmcskint
St Ives
Apr 2020
1:08pm, 4 Apr 2020
862 posts
  •  
Captain Malcolm Reynolds
It’s funny, there’s nowhere I really want to visit. I/we are entirely content where we are.

I remember Bill McLaren, the rugby commentator, once saying of his hometown “a day away from Hawick is a day wasted”. I understand that now.
Apr 2020
7:24pm, 4 Apr 2020
561 posts
  •  
Jenelopy
Adding to my last two:
Stewart Island (just south of the South Island of NZ).
Northland (northern bit of NZ)

[I suspect that NZ will eliminate Covid19 in the fairly near future, but will need to keep very strict border controls until either the rest of the world has or there is a vaccine. So I think our holidays will be NZ based for some time to come, which is great, except that it means I don't get to see my parents of sister.]
Apr 2020
8:34pm, 4 Apr 2020
1,505 posts
  •  
Heinzster
I want to drive the Causeway Coastal route. Not generally a big deal as I live about 10 miles from it but I love the primroses and bluebells, nesting sea birds and lambs at this time of year. I won't see that until next spring though.
Rathlin Island in May, to see the puffins. That was a parkrkrun excursion we won't get to do this year.

England to see DS1, who is finishing off his primary teaching degree in Oxford Brooks. Not sure where he will be based but he time we are able to see him.

Weirdly I would love to go to a cottage somewhere to get away from it all. I know that smacks of distancing, but somewhere with a few good restaurants, pubs etc in reasonable distance would be great.
Apr 2020
8:34pm, 4 Apr 2020
1,506 posts
  •  
Heinzster
*by the time
Apr 2020
9:01am, 5 Apr 2020
3,739 posts
  •  
JustCommando!
We were going to Snowdonia for my birthday, so that's one. We'd more or less decided on Montenegro for September but not actually booked, too busy to sit down together and pick a hotel. Torn between being lowering carbon footprint and wanting to travel...before all this the list included Orkney, train to Italy, once in a lifetime trips to Canada and NZ. Not sure now.
Apr 2020
9:26am, 5 Apr 2020
818 posts
  •  
Turkhish
My parents in Leicester.
Norfolk to see the sea and eat fish and chips on the seafront.
Long weekend in Bath
Apr 2020
9:55am, 5 Apr 2020
29,893 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
Round the lake of my local park, too busy there to risk it just now.
Apr 2020
9:56am, 5 Apr 2020
29,894 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
Oh, and Weymouth and Norfolk to see family and the sea.

About This Thread

Maintained by ChrisHB
Where would you like to go? I really think I'd be happy to have a day out on the coast or in an...