vasectomy/snip !!

6 watchers
Aug 2011
6:42pm, 29 Aug 2011
19,304 posts
  •  
JenL
:-)
"I had a manual job" would have been far funnier, but probably just as well you still have it ;-)
Aug 2011
4:37pm, 30 Aug 2011
93 posts
  •  
Clatters
Had mine on Thursday - a very sore BH weekend, but thanks to my Superman briefs I am feeling better by the day. Had to skip Parkrun though. And by skip, I don't mean 'skip' !! The ache will go soon, the ache will go soon, the ache will go soon, ......
Sep 2011
7:46pm, 2 Sep 2011
90 posts
  •  
yep the ache will go soon then the bruising and the stitches lol. no one tells you about your nutsac that it v v itchy cause your pubes are growing back but you can't stand to scratch it cause it's too fecking painful !!
MPH
Jan 2015
10:34am, 9 Jan 2015
526 posts
  •  
MPH
I was booked in for the snip...but after reading this, just think I'd rather keep playing Russian roulette! #wimp
Jan 2015
1:24pm, 9 Jan 2015
695 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
I chatted to my GP about one two years ago which getting a pre-marathon training health check. Fitted my race schedule around having it done in the summer and then completely forget about booking myself in. It will happen one day.
MPH
Jan 2015
8:56am, 19 Jan 2015
563 posts
  •  
MPH
I'm not quite ready to 1.) have a needle wedged in to my ball sack, and 2.) my I don't want to risk a month of running this year :) try again next year (or if I get injured)
Jul 2015
11:42am, 27 Jul 2015
2,216 posts
  •  
Molesy
Anyone want to hear the story of mine and the local anaesthetic wearing off half way through?
Jul 2015
11:53am, 27 Jul 2015
6,145 posts
  •  
lammo
Did you have it done at the same time as your achilles?

2 for the price of 1?

:-)
Jul 2015
12:35pm, 27 Jul 2015
2,218 posts
  •  
Molesy
I wish they had, I got a general for the Achilles.

It was supposed to be some super no scalpel operation where they just separate the skin using forceps, both sides are done through one very small hole and no stitches are required to hold it all back together.

The reality was a little different, the first side was ok but when he reached through for the tube on the other side he didn't get a good grip and lost it.

He then spent forever rummaging around in my giblets trying to find it again and failed. At this point he gave up on the no scalpel option and put in a big enough cut that he could finally track down the errant pipework.

Now the next step is to clamp the tube with forceps, unfortunately (for me) by the time he'd got to that stage the 10 minutes worth of local anaesthetic I'd been given had well and truly worn off. When he applied the clamp the nurse had to throw herself across me to stop me leaping off the bed. I've never felt pain like it in my life, that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach after being hit in the nuts but magnified by actually being physically connected.

Once they'd calmed me down a bit they applied more local and finished off the job, sending me back to the ward curled up in a foetal ball whimpering quietly to myself.

Unfortunately his sewing skills weren't up to much either, having cocked up on the no scalpel approach he obviously decided that he didn't want to go overboard on the stitches so he just put one in the middle as tight as it would go, a little too tight because over the next couple of days that stitch proceeded to cut its way through the skin of my nut sack until it decided it was comfortably loose, I had one of those gigantic post-birth sanitary towels stuffed in my underwear for 3 days soaking up the blood.

But going back to the Achilles, that was why there was no way on earth I was going to take them up on the option of doing it under either an epidural or a local :)
Jul 2015
12:57pm, 27 Jul 2015
17,132 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Ffs. That sounds terrible. And somewhere incompetent.

About This Thread

Maintained by Ian121
what sort of post snip recovery time should i be figuring in before i can run / bike again ??