Autism

83 watchers
Nov 2023
3:54pm, 21 Nov 2023
11,133 posts
  •  
Raemond
Trauma can impact how the brain functions at any age, it makes sense that significant trauma in childhood could seriously alter brain development.

Also, a society built exclusively by and for allistic folkx doesn't really produce any UNtraumatised autistic kids, so it could be hard to say which is the cart and which the horse.
Nov 2023
11:09pm, 21 Nov 2023
40,312 posts
  •  
halfpint
Raemondo you have pretty much described the biggest challenge in my job. I was just discussing with a school today the need for trauma informed training as well as training around neurodevelopmental difference. The diagnostic process (which I’m not directly involved with) is even more challenging.
20 Jan
11:42pm, 20 Jan 2024
6,133 posts
  •  
jelly
Had a stupid incident with my husband and he left. We have our ups and downs but this was just silly. He threw his plate of cheese and crackers at me, I did shout and say I didn’t deserve to be treated that way and told him to F off! I just need to get it down somewhere, quietish. Maybe it will all blow over when he comes back.

I need to sleep! I’ve not been well the past couple of days with a chesty cough. I’m just worried about what’s going to happen next.
21 Jan
7:36am, 21 Jan 2024
11,449 posts
  •  
Raemondo
🫂

Throwing things definitely warrants being told to F off, nobody deserves to be treated that way and absolutely not a poorly spouse.

When he comes back I hope you can have a calm conversation about it, and not just sweep it under a rug without addressing it (or schedule a time to talk about it properly if you're both still too upset).

It will probably be very uncomfortable, but better in the long run to get to the bottom of why he would do such a thing than just hope that nothing like it will happen again.
21 Jan
8:04am, 21 Jan 2024
10,197 posts
  •  
TeeBee
Wise word from Rae - sending hugs to you jelly
21 Jan
10:25am, 21 Jan 2024
6,532 posts
  •  
mr d
Hope all is OK.
21 Jan
12:10pm, 21 Jan 2024
7,644 posts
  •  
1step2far
Hope things work out.
Agree with Rae, your response was justified. Noone should have anything thrown at them. X

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Fat Dave
Does anyone know what's involved in the diagnosis process for autism? Is there a test, how does it ...