BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Ultra training for beginners

1 lurker | 145 watchers
5 Mar
1:38pm, 5 Mar 2021
7438 posts
Northern Exile
Compared to their predecessors (ie. the Leadville in all its guises) they're pretty good on wet terrain Ros, the vibram sole wears well and is not bad on wet rock. My problem with the Hierro is that they do become waterlogged and a bit heavy as a consequence, hence my thinking they're a dry weather shoe. If I was doing another of the UTMB races, this would be my go-to shoe without question*

* which is a bit silly of me, when I did the full UTMB it pissed it down for the first 10 hours :-)
5 Mar
4:45pm, 5 Mar 2021
19940 posts
Rosehip
to be fair, even mudclaws and xtalons have been no match for the mud we've had around here recently.

I'm keeping an eye out for a pair in the sales to have a spare, but these feel like they should do a fair few miles. Need to take them somewhere rocky soon.
5 Mar
9:07pm, 5 Mar 2021
13654 posts
geordiegirl
Little bit of light ultra humour

facebook.com
8:13am
8:13am, 6 Mar 2021
817 posts
Chell
Brilliant, GG 🤣

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by jacdaw
I'm planning to run a couple of ultra events next year and I'm looking for some general training i...