Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Sports drink/gels training packs

1 watcher
Aug 2012
1:22pm, 28 Aug 2012
462 posts
MikeMawby
Hello everyone

Does anyone have any experience of the gatorade G series training packs (you know the ones have one prior to the run one during the run and one after the run) or any other training packs like these, I was contemplating getting some of these to aid with training but do you think they are worth it? Be interesting to hear some viewpoints on these...apologies if i have already missed a thread on this
:-)
Aug 2012
3:15pm, 28 Aug 2012
510 posts
Blunderwoman
Hi Mike,

My only experience of Gatorade was at the Greater Manchester marathon this year. I had my own drink prior to the run and the "in-run" Gatorade on the way round seemed to be ok. I had no ill effects and it did the job as well as my usual tipple. My hands were too cold to open the post race Gatorade but I did use it a few weeks later after I finished the Great Manchester Run. Tastewise it's on a par with Lucozade and definitely better than Powerade. If I'm honest I'm not sure whether any of these drinks do what they claim as I feel just as good on a long run withTesco's own brand and finishing up with a Yazoo or Frijj milk drink. This probably isn't very helpful but at least it will put you near the top of the feed for a while and you might get a better answer from somebody else :-)
Aug 2012
4:35pm, 28 Aug 2012
463 posts
MikeMawby
Hi Blunderwoman,

Many thanks for the advice, was very helpful :-) I was gonna do the Greater Manchester marathon myself earlier this year, ended up not doing it through injury heard it was a good run from other people in my club shame about the weather for it though!
Aug 2012
4:50pm, 28 Aug 2012
53 posts
olde english
I use the recovery drinks mainly for goodness shakes. They tend 2 keep me ticking over and take away the need 4 scoffing food straight after a run. Think these things only come into play when you re on higher milage runs i.e. 60min+ jobs.
Aug 2012
6:30pm, 28 Aug 2012
20 posts
andydgg
everyone has their own preference, mine is sis go, then rego, crisps and beer after an lsr, powerade does a good job too. sugar and salts are the important things to get inside you after and during a long run.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by IrishMike
Hello everyone

Does anyone have any experience of the gatorade G series training packs (you know ...