parkrun thread

9 lurkers | 491 watchers
Jan 2022
3:50pm, 15 Jan 2022
58,170 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
I never knew there was a new one starting today until someone told me this morning so I was never going to attend 😂😂😂 . Glad it went off okay.
Jan 2022
4:19pm, 15 Jan 2022
1,381 posts
  •  
Big_G
Had a lovely run out at Haldon Forest parkrun this morning. It 30-mins drive from me but only the second time I have done it. I did a couple of miles before hand and a mile or so afterwards and had a thoroughly enjoyable run out. It is all on forest trail, but with not much mud at all, which suits me just fine! It is one small loop (about 2K) and one larger loop (about 3K), but it is undulating with each loop having quite a sharp climb. Afterwards, we drove up to Killerton, which is another parkrun course, and walked around a similar route to the event, but in reverse.
Jan 2022
4:53pm, 15 Jan 2022
8,350 posts
  •  
57.5 Days of Pain
Edinburgh had more than 500 day. Oops. Cold day to be timekeeper
Never a restriction on outdoor participation this time around. I presume there weren't 500+ spectators?

Well done to Craigellachie and team. Hope you get your main course back soon. I'll hope to visit one day, have a huge east coast parkrun gap between Stonehaven and Kirkcaldy.
Jan 2022
7:24pm, 15 Jan 2022
8,768 posts
  •  
sallykate
Mile End is tempting AndyS - I was just saying this morning that I need to do more tourism!
Jan 2022
8:46pm, 15 Jan 2022
58,177 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
I forgot until just now - on the lower prom at Aberdeen Beach we run past a tunnel and today there was a guy in the tunnel playing a saxophone. It was so nice to hear.
Jan 2022
9:34pm, 15 Jan 2022
148 posts
  •  
Craigellachie
57.5 you’re mistaken I’m afraid, the restriction is on attendance and park runners are attending an event. It won’t matter after Monday though.
Jan 2022
9:35pm, 15 Jan 2022
8,313 posts
  •  
CStar
I heard that San Francisco pr had closed down sadly. Was a v nice one alongside the bay running out towards Golden Gate Bridage and back.
Jan 2022
9:41pm, 15 Jan 2022
149 posts
  •  
Craigellachie
I heard that San Francisco pr had closed down sadly. Was a v nice one alongside the bay running out towards Golden Gate Bridage and back.

Yes. Unless it’s foggy like the day I did it 😂 but the fog made it cool enough to run a PB, every cloud and all that. And I got the views on a boat trip next day so win win really! Didn’t realise till I got there it was San Francisco Marathon weekend so that added interest.
Jan 2022
12:06am, 16 Jan 2022
8,351 posts
  •  
57.5 Days of Pain
57.5 you’re mistaken I’m afraid, the restriction is on attendance and park runners are attending an event. It won’t matter after Monday though.
I'm going by the interpretation given to parkrun UK by the Scottish government.
Jan 2022
5:59am, 16 Jan 2022
151 posts
  •  
Craigellachie
Oh where’s that? I was going by the statement issued by parkrun UK?

About This Thread

Maintained by Hendo
A discussion of all things parkrun.

Here's a wiki giving brief reviews of parkruns up and down the land:

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=545

parkruns with restart permission: google.com

Note: Hendo is a boy.