not improving...

1 watcher
Sep 2016
8:44pm, 15 Sep 2016
16 posts
  •  
Paulina
Hi
This time last year I ran 4 hrs 16 Berlin Marathon, which was my first ever marathon. I then ran a slower 4 hrs 37 London marathon in April this year.

I am following a training plan, but don't seem to be getting faster. Quite the opposite, I seem to struggle and now run 9 and a half/10 minute miles. I can go on for a while but I can't seem to be able to speed up.
What to do? Extra training/supplements/food/recovery. I have tried many things but I am not improving....
Sep 2016
8:49pm, 15 Sep 2016
12,170 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Have you been checked for anaemia? Can have that effect. Good news is it's generally easily treatable. Otherwise (without having checked your training) maybe you've just been doing too much and need a rest.
Sep 2016
11:52pm, 15 Sep 2016
2,933 posts
  •  
Old Man
No training logged Paulina so difficult to offer much, although your profile says you are doing Snowdon marathon next month, don't expect to go quick there!!

My question is are you doing any speed work or is it all long slow distance?
Sep 2016
7:20am, 16 Sep 2016
6,342 posts
  •  
Watford Wobble
We will be at Snowdonia Paulina. Not experienced enough to provide any advice but if you see us (will be in Fetch shirts) say hello.
Sep 2016
7:56am, 16 Sep 2016
11,482 posts
  •  
Ultracat
Difficult to advise as you haven't logged your training on fetch, could you tell us a typical weeks training.

Sometimes you have to run a bit slower in training to be able to go faster.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hi
This time last year I ran 4 hrs 16 Berlin Marathon, which was my first ever marathon. I then ran...