In which I acquire a shiv

5 watchers
May 2020
6:37pm, 1 May 2020
13,961 posts
  •  
richmac
About 5 maybe 6 years ago I snapped the tip off my best kitchen knife in an Ill advised bit almost definitely successful attempt to impress assume teens.

The tip ended up embedded in a bread board, what happened to the bread board is lost to time.

I've had a 'mini grinder' for years. Remember the adverts for a 'dremmel'they wheel out at Christmas, bit the Argos version.

The boredom and opportunity of lockdown meant that I had the time and inclination to try to ressurect my tip less chopper.

I had know idea what to expect as I clamped the handle into the vice. I tried a couple stones till I for one that worked and from there it was straight forward. An hour later I had something that looked a lot less blunt.

Then I honed or in my whetstone and all is good.

Other lockdown jobs were building a planter and getting some radishes and rocket going.

My oven arrived going to wait till tomorrow to fit it with E to help.

Had a team meeting on zoom today, went well. No one mentioned the fact I was drinking a G & T throughout.

Also bought a more touring saddle for retro Dave. As I'm more likely to ride it casually i.e. without padded shorts it makes sense change the full razor blade I put on it.

Running with E quite a bit. We did some hill reps the other day and a trail run. I probably need to do some faster solo stuff. Have been using the turbo as well, an hour today.

Yoga and Pilates has become a thing, that's good.

Plans for the house progress. The problem is holding back and not going daft with spending,. I need to buy glasses when able.

E had had a tough week, so we can Kick back a bit now, although that includes some diy. Her table has developed by a problem, I won't elaborate and hey letter box broke as well.

Oh yeah the ones that didn't make the list.

Wish your were here -floyd

Ace of spades - motorhead
Sam hill - Johnny cash

Hurt - cash again

My favourite game - cardies
Red right hand - cave
Paranoid -sabbath
Assassin -marrillion
May 2020
6:38pm, 1 May 2020
13,962 posts
  •  
richmac
Shit this is meant to be a blog πŸ˜ƒ
May 2020
6:43pm, 1 May 2020
49,844 posts
  •  
Dr PhFleecyD
That’s what happens when you drink gin during the day...
May 2020
6:51pm, 1 May 2020
44,764 posts
  •  
runnerbean
πŸ˜‚
May 2020
9:30pm, 1 May 2020
11,388 posts
  •  
Ness
πŸ€”....

πŸ˜‚

Just had to look because of the title.
May 2020
10:10pm, 1 May 2020
293 posts
  •  
Totriornottotri
πŸ˜‚ amazing!
May 2020
10:21pm, 1 May 2020
19,642 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Channelling those Folsom Prison blues.

(I'm worried about my phone. It turned a bunch of bad typing into "Folsom", then auto-suggested "Prison" and "blues".)
May 2020
11:06pm, 1 May 2020
9,825 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Awesome. Best random thread on here for donkeys. Reminds me a time when t'were all fields round ere
May 2020
11:09pm, 1 May 2020
9,826 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
This has most definitely brightened my day btw
May 2020
12:31pm, 2 May 2020
17,858 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
Hahahahahahahaha

About This Thread

Maintained by richmac
About 5 maybe 6 years ago I snapped the tip off my best kitchen knife in an Ill advised bit almost d...