Highland Fling 2016

27 watchers
May 2016
11:46pm, 3 May 2016
1,896 posts
  •  
IanS
Good point - she wouldn't have bothered with the painkillers :-)
May 2016
12:34am, 4 May 2016
16,459 posts
  •  
flanker
Duchess. Maybe. And I may have toned it down a little too for publication purposes :-)

However she read me correctly and gave me the kick up the arse I needed. And she was right about th painkillers - apart form the pain in my left hip/left hammie/ left ITB/left calf/left achilles and left ankle I was fine.

I think my left leg was what they technically call fooked. But it was before the start too, so I should have managed it better! :)
May 2016
6:03am, 4 May 2016
8,585 posts
  •  
FenlandRunner
I've never taken pain killers during a race and rarely afterwards, perhaps first marathon in 2008 and first Quadzilla.
May 2016
10:46pm, 5 May 2016
108 posts
  •  
thing
This looks like a jolly day out :)

Does anyone know when entries for 2017 go on sale? Is it a ballot? I assume all accommodation at the start and finish booked up ages ago :)
May 2016
10:53pm, 5 May 2016
6,834 posts
  •  
Duchess
Early October normally. It sells out within a few hours but there isn't a ballot (well there hasn't been one previously).

There isn't much accommodation in Tyndrum, although plenty around the start at Milngavie. But you do have the option of a bus back to the start after the race, so you don't need to stay locally afterwards. Accommodation sells out quickly but I'm not sure you could even make bookings yet for a year ahead?
May 2016
10:58pm, 5 May 2016
109 posts
  •  
thing
Thanks Duchess, that's brilliant, will keep an eye out.

I've no idea on the bookings, tbh! It was accommodation at the start I was worried about - but I guess worst case I can get something cheap in central Glasgow and a taxi to Milngavie, maybe with some instructions from a local on how to pronounce Milngavie.

Get in, then book something, I reckon.
May 2016
11:06pm, 5 May 2016
6,835 posts
  •  
Duchess
Mull-guy :-)

You could try the Premier Inn at Burnbrae/Bearsden which is where the race registers on the Friday and, I think,where the buses go back to. Or the Premier Inn in Milngavie itself. But both of those will sell out ridiculously quickly - and sometime PI are very naughty by only accepting bookings for three nights.....

Central Glasgow will always be an option and the race has started scheduling a bus from the city centre out to the start as well.
May 2016
11:19pm, 5 May 2016
110 posts
  •  
thing
Fab, booked a room at Premier Inn in Bearsden for last weekend in April 2017 :) Worst case, can cancel if it's a different weekend or I miss entry.

Many thanks, bit disappointed I can't pretend to be a native with my awesome 'Mull-guy' pronunciation, but otherwise looking good :)
Mar 2017
7:37pm, 6 Mar 2017
293 posts
  •  
damo2000
New forum for 2017 at http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=59664

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by wheezy1973
Hi folks. Can anyone tell me when tickets usually go on sale for the Highland Fling? Hoping to do it...