BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

West Highland Way Race

55 watchers
30 Mar
3:18pm, 30 Mar 2021
38205 posts
HappyG(rrr)
I was hoping it would be able to go ahead, given things really should be much more open by June, including travelling etc. I get that it's hard for the race organisers though, so no criticism intended. Just as you say mrs s, sad not to be there.
30 Mar
7:44pm, 30 Mar 2021
636 posts
M1nty
I just had a feeling it might go ahead, as they didn't rush to cancel it. But the explanation was spot on. As long as I've known it, it's always been a brilliantly organised race, with safety paramount, so one more year to wait isn't the worst thing in the world.

Mind you, I was just beginning to get in animal mode after a very lax winter. By "animal mode" I mean up to a 20 mile run on a trail at a lofty average of 4mph 😊

OK then, avoid the splinters, no sitting on the fence, who's in the hat for 2022?
30 Mar
7:46pm, 30 Mar 2021
981 posts
Dave_K
Mmmmmm. Tempted to enter 🤔😁
30 Mar
7:47pm, 30 Mar 2021
6171 posts
FenlandRunner
I would love to attempt the race. Doubt I will get a place, particularly not in 2022.
30 Mar
9:29pm, 30 Mar 2021
12149 posts
mrs shanksi
M1nty I'm impressed by your animal mode!

10th anniversary of our first finish Dave_K, go for it!

Fenners I hope you get in.
31 Mar
9:40pm, 31 Mar 2021
637 posts
M1nty
10 years! How time flies. I was supporting that year, and had my first run the year after.

Does anyone have any insider knowledge of the race they teased about putting on? It can't be the Fling or the Devil routes. Maybe something starting and ending at Balmaha, similar to the January training weekend full route, out along the low route to Inversnaid and back on the high route. Then a session at the Oak Tree? That's my guess :-)
31 Mar
9:49pm, 31 Mar 2021
12157 posts
mrs shanksi
I've no idea, but it's intriguing! I'm guessing they might put something on that doesn't cross too many local authority areas?
31 Mar
9:55pm, 31 Mar 2021
638 posts
M1nty
... or maybe from Milngavie to Glencoe, which would suit me perfectly, as I've managed to do this on all four of my WHW starts (2 goblets)
31 Mar
10:31pm, 31 Mar 2021
12158 posts
mrs shanksi
That's a nice distance, and finish in the café (if it's open).

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Jen J has created a topic to discuss this race