Help my glasses are steaming up

6 watchers
Nov 2015
7:38pm, 8 Nov 2015
652 posts
  •  
NellyMarcos
Columba, do yours steam up when you are running or after?
Nov 2015
7:57pm, 8 Nov 2015
11,474 posts
  •  
mulbs
I always used a drop of neat washing up liquid or baby shampoo on my motorbike visor - might be worth a go
.B.
Nov 2015
8:09pm, 8 Nov 2015
19,755 posts
  •  
.B.
I don't have this problem, but my OH has some spray demister to use on his crash helmet visor and that stops it misting up. Could work for glasses too.
Nov 2015
8:28pm, 8 Nov 2015
24,405 posts
  •  
F ing Fleecy
Mine only steam up if I stop usually, though I've got all sorts of coatings on mine. There are sprays you can buy online to stop them misting up, might be worth trying?
I wouldn't be able to see my feet if I wasn't wearing glasses...
Nov 2015
8:53pm, 8 Nov 2015
11,770 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
Agree with everyone else that they virtually only steam up when I stop.
Nov 2015
9:01pm, 8 Nov 2015
1,270 posts
  •  
FurryHamster
Been wearing glasses for 28 years. Never had them fog up while out and about or doing outside activities. Only happens when going into so where warm on a cold day. I got contact lenses for riding motorbikes in the winter. I do have antireflective coatings on my glasses due to astigmatism so this could be the reason. Also always were a peaked hat when raining to keep the rain off as this has always been my major annoyance when running.
Nov 2015
9:16pm, 8 Nov 2015
13,677 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
I've recently started wearing glasses when running and when it's warm , they only steam up when I stop, but in the cold they steam up a bit when I get hot. It's a bit irritating and makes it difficult to see.
Nov 2015
11:01pm, 8 Nov 2015
8,233 posts
  •  
Columba
Normally mine only steam up when I've been running and stop. And they clear fairly quickly because of the coating.

Fleecy, I'm amazed you do Hellrunner races with glasses on. Are you not afraid of losing them in the Bog of Doom and being unable to find them again?
Nov 2015
11:36pm, 8 Nov 2015
1,570 posts
  •  
Longwayround (LWR)
I can't wear my normal specs when cycling. I have no difficulty at all when running. This may be because they have a tendency to slip down my nose and because I'm longsighted.
Nov 2015
6:16am, 9 Nov 2015
653 posts
  •  
NellyMarcos
I will look for the spray or try washing up liquid, I have tried three different pairs, all from different places, one pair of varifocals, one distance and one distance sunglasses and they all do the same. Must be my face thats just weird!! ;)

About This Thread

Maintained by NellyMarcos
Hello all, I am hoping someone can offer me some advice, I have had to admit defeat and start wearin...