varifocal glasses

3 watchers
Aug 2021
8:49pm, 14 Aug 2021
603 posts
  •  
NRGEE
Am managing to wear my varifocals now and it is SO MUCH EASIER than taking distance glasses off to see a text!! my major problem apparently was I was not wearing varifocals all day and opted for distance lenses only at my annual review. THe optician told me to keep the older varifocals. When I returned to get distance lenses converted to varifocals- it was going to cost £200. On checking my actual physical readings- my distance vision had changed but only by 0.25- which I was informed it would be fine to go back to old glasses(the varifocals) and to wear all the time apart from running. Apparently when running and looking down it can make the ground appear higher than it actually is. i did try wearing a thread thing around my neck when wearing distance glasses and needing to remove to read..........; but felt like a granny!!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by NRGEE
Had varifocals- but couldn't get away with them ier tipping head back to read computer screen. ...