Speccy four-eyes

9 watchers
Sep 2019
3:08pm, 25 Sep 2019
18,876 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Thanks Groundhog. I'll have a play about with that.
Sep 2019
12:37pm, 27 Sep 2019
587 posts
  •  
Albert O Balsam
Concentric Multifocal Contacts - definitely witchcraft ! They are ace though
Sep 2019
12:39pm, 27 Sep 2019
41,347 posts
  •  
McGoohan
I couldn't get on with those. My prescription is so bad it was like putting two rubberised bin lids in my eyes.
Oct 2022
7:52pm, 11 Oct 2022
8,582 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
After breaking my old pair of varifocals, I have just recently got a new pair. I have now got to get used to switching between varifocals and PC glasses. Something that have not done for several months.
Oct 2022
10:43am, 12 Oct 2022
22,169 posts
  •  
DeeGee
I ran a marathon in glasses for the first time this weekend. Really can't read a thing any more with contact lenses.
Oct 2022
10:58am, 12 Oct 2022
51,745 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Despite now having varifocals I tried to run a couple of years ago with contacts in. Unfortunately it was a navigational excursion and needed some mapreading. I could see ahead well enough but couldn't read the map on my phone. D'oh! They had to come out and the specs go back on.
Oct 2022
1:53pm, 12 Oct 2022
8,589 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Reading or even PC stuff with contacts in is virtually impossible. I have run in glasses if only a mile or two but prefer contacts for longer runs or races.

Just got back from a lunchtime walk and realised I had been wearing my PC glasses instead of the varifocals. This may take a while to get right!
Oct 2022
3:41pm, 12 Oct 2022
4,830 posts
  •  
Groundhog
My varifocals bounce around too much to see well if running so I generally use contacts for running cycling and swimming (with goggles on). I have some old single vision glasses that I can run in and found that, if I slide them down my nose a bit they change focus enough to be able to read.
Oct 2022
3:48pm, 12 Oct 2022
93,897 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I like orienteering... When wearing my wraparound sunnies, I have to stop cycling, dive really close to map and Garmin to work things out. I have started wearing my multi-focal normal glasses now, so I can read Garmin, map and see the trail properly. Certainly, off road, I'd be very reluctant to do the one eyed thing although some fellow orienteers do...

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by DeeGee
I have a question for glasses wearers. Historically, I have run in contact lenses, but often wear gl...