Copying Strava?

14 watchers
Jan 2015
10:55am, 22 Jan 2015
4,679 posts
  •  
Badger
strava and FE both have APIs, so if you were feeling geeky enough you could probably write a program to pull strava files and send them to Fetch (that said, the strava API documentation is very vague about downloading activities, and it's not clear to me that it lets you download the route programmatically, as opposed to just summary and segment info).
MPH
Jan 2015
1:48pm, 22 Jan 2015
583 posts
  •  
MPH
That's OK Badger, I'll just export the runs to GPX has a good conversion, I'm nerdy but that nerdy :)
Jan 2015
2:20pm, 22 Jan 2015
23,855 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Badger, terminology wise, I'd say the full term would be "screen scrape". I was using scrape as a verb in English, not a reserved word in Geekish ( ;-) ) Anyway, flanker gave MPH the "how to upload to Connect, then get Fetch to connect to Connect to get (not scrape!) data". All hunky dory! :-) G
Jan 2015
12:19am, 23 Jan 2015
15,529 posts
  •  
flanker
except it didn't work - strava can't upload to fetch.

Also been looking at the strava API docs,and agree they aren't brilliant! I'm currently playing about with coding on IOS and might develop the app as a bit of practice. Don't hold your breath though - it won't be a quick thing!
Jan 2015
4:16pm, 23 Jan 2015
4,482 posts
  •  
Rosehip
You can use Tapiriik to sync both ways between strava and Garmin connect. It's free if you press the sync button manually, there is a very small annual charge for it to happen automatically.
MPH
Jan 2015
4:24pm, 23 Jan 2015
592 posts
  •  
MPH
Cheers Rosehip, will give it a crack!
Jan 2015
12:55am, 24 Jan 2015
15,538 posts
  •  
flanker
forgot all about that - not needed it for a while now.
MPH
Jan 2015
9:43am, 26 Jan 2015
593 posts
  •  
MPH
Right, Tapiriik can sync from strava to GC nicely, but those activities don't appear in Fetch, is there a way to kick start Fetch to go and get GC content?
Apr 2015
12:13pm, 27 Apr 2015
32 posts
  •  
steve_c
Fetch now has this built in according to http://www.fetcheveryone.com/garminconnect.php
May 2015
12:35pm, 13 May 2015
200 posts
  •  
larkim
I've just acquired a TomTom Runner and am in the process of sorting out my various syncs to websites etc.

TomTom's app has an apparently excellent sync to strava which on testing on the commute this morning works fine. However, I want to get it from strava to Fetch, so I tried Rosehip's suggestion of using Tapiriik to get it to Garmin Connect and hope that the usually reliable GC > Fetch auto update works.

On the tests I've done so far, TomTom > strava = good, strava > Tapiriik > Garmin Connect = good, but Garmin Connect does not seem to want to push to Fetch when it has received the file in this manner.

Is this to be expected?

About This Thread

Maintained by baz p
just a site recommendation that i quite like on Strava.com.

when you upload a training run/cycle ...