Copying Strava?

14 watchers
Aug 2014
2:07pm, 13 Aug 2014
4,365 posts
  •  
Badger
I meant the API that Garmin uses to export to other sites, not sure if we were at cross purposes there.
The standard fee for the API is a cool $5,000. dcrainmaker.com
Aug 2014
2:39pm, 13 Aug 2014
619 posts
  •  
JollyDistractitated
I would like it if Fetch could scrape from Garmin Connect like what that strava does. It's quite good.

I would also like it if Garmin could sort out their ******* software so that getting stuff from the various devices to Garmin Connect was not quite so much of a PITA.

Also, (I shall do a feedback) could we export plotted routes as GPX too please ta. the bike Garmin whatsit does not like following TCX?

Lovely, ta.
Aug 2014
9:29am, 14 Aug 2014
15,122 posts
  •  
flanker
import TCX into gpsies.com and send direct to bike garmin or export as GPX?
there are also a number of tools around that can convert between formats
MPH
Jan 2015
4:23pm, 21 Jan 2015
574 posts
  •  
MPH
Looks like you can export all of your training and then import the gpx files 1 by 1, painful to daily, but could be a weekly activity I guess.
Jan 2015
4:41pm, 21 Jan 2015
23,840 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Fetch does have the API which goes and scrapes from Garmin Connect now, of course. He created it a few months ago? :-) G
Jan 2015
4:47pm, 21 Jan 2015
4,677 posts
  •  
Badger
FE doesn't scrape from Connect; it uses the official API to get Connect to push data for registered authorised users to FE, as does Strava. Scraping means something different, generally something much less official.

MPH, do you want to transfer data from strava to FE which didn't come from a Garmin in the first place?
MPH
Jan 2015
4:56pm, 21 Jan 2015
575 posts
  •  
MPH
Yes that's right Badger, I use a TomTom to sync over Bluetooth to the tomtom app on my phone, which exports to strava straight away. If I can then get FE to read from strava happy days!
Jan 2015
9:24am, 22 Jan 2015
15,520 posts
  •  
flanker
Create a Garmin Connect account, get strava to synch to Connect (I think it's a 2-way implementation of the synch), get Connect to synch to Fetch, happy days.

Not sure if you need a Garmin device to get a connect account, but if you do you could get the free Garmin phone app, use it once to initiate the account and then never use it again (although I quite like it and often use it to log walks).
MPH
Jan 2015
9:28am, 22 Jan 2015
577 posts
  •  
MPH
Ahh I have a Garmin account and device, just didn't know this was possible, thanks Flanker, will have a butchers now!
MPH
Jan 2015
9:31am, 22 Jan 2015
578 posts
  •  
MPH
I know Connect App syncs to strava I didn't think it pushed from strava to Connect though.

About This Thread

Maintained by baz p
just a site recommendation that i quite like on Strava.com.

when you upload a training run/cycle ...