An Orange Lifeboat - Are you new to Fetch because The Other Place built a paywall?

20 watchers
May 2020
9:34am, 23 May 2020
2 posts
  •  
Big_G
Thanks Nellers.

TheBeard, it's just another stat to track really. For much of the lockdown (with no races) I've been doing all my training at 142bpm and I've seen some encouraging progress at that effort when I do a 5-mile run on the flat. The "beats per mile" stat contributes is helpful as alongside the pace hopefully getting quicker, the "beats per mile" should get lower as you get fitter.

There's a very good runner who has a blog that mentions it here. There is a paragraph just above his graph in this post.
runningobsessive.blogspot.com
May 2020
3:21pm, 23 May 2020
34,909 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Beats per mile was the one infallible measure of fitness that I used to believe (when I had a reliable HR monitor! The old strap with Garmin 305 and 310 worked way better than the modern fance optical HR monitor that I now have!)

Welcome to Fetch. Any questions, just ask. Some great threads on here about HR based training. :-) G
May 2020
10:43am, 24 May 2020
45 posts
  •  
TheBeardRunner (aka Abul Choudhury
So, is there a difference between following a Fetchie and buddying them?
May 2020
10:46am, 24 May 2020
46,714 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
There is indeed. Following a Fetchie means you'll get a notification up there ^ whenever they log some training. Buddying a Fetchie allows them to see blogs you've limited to "buddies only" (but not vice versa unless they buddy you back) and gives you an additional filter to use for some lists.
Jun 2020
8:46pm, 6 Jun 2020
16,486 posts
  •  
Rosehip
May I suggest that everone who logged a run on strava today, whilst wearing the magnificent green colours posts a picture on there - I have never had so many "kudos" for a simple run before. Great way to get the site publicity!
Jun 2020
10:53pm, 7 Jun 2020
11 posts
  •  
Tooms
Hi. I have downloaded data from Strava. How do I upload t to Fetch ? Hopefully this is an easy question.
Thanks
Jun 2020
11:10pm, 7 Jun 2020
1,633 posts
  •  
beebop
Hi Tooms - I hope someone who knows and can explain more coherently will be along soon, but until then you could try going to the training log page fetcheveryone.com/training-add.php (cross fingers that’s correct). Can’t help you with strava because mine uploads automatically to garmin connect and I have set up permission for it to come over to Fetch. You probably need to set up something similar - it’s pretty simple, IIRC. This might or might not help, but someone else will be around before long.
Jun 2020
11:15pm, 7 Jun 2020
1,634 posts
  •  
beebop
This might be a good place to look. :-)
Jun 2020
11:16pm, 7 Jun 2020
1,635 posts
  •  
beebop
fetcheveryone.com/tutorial.php

It would have helped if I’d remembered to include the link. Only real drawback I can think of on this site is the inability to edit posts...
Jun 2020
6:47am, 8 Jun 2020
6,556 posts
  •  
Sigh
Welcome to Fetch, Tooms!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Nellers
Thought there might be a need for a welcome mat for any refugees from the orange site.

Hello and...