C25K

9 watchers
Jul 2012
3:38pm, 9 Jul 2012
First-time poster!!
  •  
AndrewS
Hi All,
I have just started doing the C25K to get myself up and running again. I used to do a bit of running a few years back and had to stop.
Tried the C25K last september and got to week 5 before I torn my achilles falling down a step at waterloo station!
So, I am trying again.
Is anyone on here also doing this plan?
You are all experienced runners I know so i am guessing that you wont be mucking around with run/walk type things.
It would be nice to have some other beginners like me to chat to..
Andrew
Jul 2012
3:42pm, 9 Jul 2012
12,349 posts
  •  
HellsBells
Hello and welcome to Fetch.
I certainly started with C25K and I know a lot of other people did - stick with it and you'll soon be there
Jul 2012
3:54pm, 9 Jul 2012
800 posts
  •  
Welshwomble (WW)
Hi and Welcome, this thread was started for beginners: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=46792 it's been a bit quiet of late but you could wake it up ;)

Also there is the Slow And Proud group which you will see in the thread of above link - mixed distances and some new runners, or returning to running.

All the best with C25k :)
Jul 2012
4:04pm, 9 Jul 2012
1,799 posts
  •  
The Scribbler
Hi and welcome Andrew. Plenty of runners of all abilities here, and a few triathletes, too ;-)

WW's already directed you to a good place to start, so I'll just say all the best with your C25K plan.
Jul 2012
4:21pm, 9 Jul 2012
12,290 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Hi Andrew. Welcome to Fetch.

Don't be intimidated by the "experienced" runners on here. Many of us who took the sport up "later" in life started with run-walk. In my case that was only five years ago.

Keep it up, and keep dropping back here for advice and encouragement.
Jul 2012
4:35pm, 9 Jul 2012
620 posts
  •  
rosehip
Hi Andrew - I started with C25K a little over a year ago and it was the best thing I ever did. 2nd best was finding Fetcheveryone.

Welcome and best of luck with your plan :)
Jul 2012
4:46pm, 9 Jul 2012
5,331 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Hi Andrew & welcome to Fetch. The c25k is a great starting point and indeed WW has sent you in the right direction. Lots of us started out run/walking and some of us (me) a few years down the line still plods along.

It's about getting out & enjoying it so good luck with your new found freedom and there's loads of advice here. Keep in touch
Jul 2012
4:57pm, 9 Jul 2012
4 posts
  •  
AndrewS
Thanks all !
I have run for the last 2 days and today is a rest day. I am surprisingly stiff and achey considering the short distance that I have run.
Tomorrow I should be OK to get back out there. :-)
In the meantime, I have a very excited Labradoodle that needs a walk, so that should stretch some of the stiffness out of my legs!
Jul 2012
6:59pm, 9 Jul 2012
46 posts
  •  
longwayround
I started a C25K plan back in November, using a treadmill and the determination to get myself mentally and physically fit again.

You're right that most of us are 'experienced runners'. I have experienced running. I am therefore an experienced runner. That's about as far as my experience goes.
Jul 2012
7:47pm, 9 Jul 2012
1,383 posts
  •  
Duchess
What we all said ^^^. And welcome to Fetch. :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hi All,
I have just started doing the C25K to get myself up and running again. I used to do a bit o...