BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Bromptons are not the only fruit (or "Oranges are not the only Brompton")

20 watchers
28 Feb
7:50pm, 28 Feb 2021
5650 posts
jennyh
Sounds nice Garfield :-)

I really need to get out on mine - I collected it on 7th March last year (as part of our cycle to work scheme, ha!), and have ridden it only twice. I’m not the most confident of cyclists, and with everywhere being so busy now I’ve been a bit scared to actually use it.
28 Feb
8:46pm, 28 Feb 2021
15246 posts
Garfield
I know how you feel jenny! I usually am a fairly confident cyclist, but that's on a road bike and I've not ridden much on the Brompton. I should get out on my other bike too...only I don't like the road users in my area...they are NOT considerate!
1 Mar
11:18am, 1 Mar 2021
4127 posts
Kieren
They are really good. Very fast but speed drops off sooner that q big bike when coasting. Handling is also a little twitchy.

I have the ML3 (3 speed, U shape handle bar) in standard gearing.

If I was buying again, I'd probably get flat handle bar and 3 speed with the easier gearing for getting up hills.
1 Mar
11:23am, 1 Mar 2021
15248 posts
Garfield
I have flat bars, 6 speed.
1 Mar
12:32pm, 1 Mar 2021
45357 posts
LindsD
I have flat bars 3 speed. I love it though it's got a tenacious puncture atm
1 Mar
1:46pm, 1 Mar 2021
15249 posts
Garfield
Oh no... I've not travelled far enough on mine to develop any yet...

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP
Which it is the "folding bicycles for dummies" thread of the world, for all love.