Gobi
I race tubs, they work.

If I have to use the clincher wheels I put in an inner tube
18 Sep
10:36pm, 18 Sep 2022
92,849 posts
  •  
Hanneke
MM: open tubulars if they still exist? What I used to use on my cx bikes when racing. Still use them in fact!
18 Sep
10:59pm, 18 Sep 2022
77,970 posts
  •  
Gobi
H - pretty much the chat we were having about Tubeless(to me open tubular is a posh phrase for bloody expensive clinchers) and I said I use tubes when I have to use them. They work better than Tubeless but not as well as tubs :¬)
18 Sep
11:03pm, 18 Sep 2022
92,860 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I prefer tubs, but could not afford them for cross, which was just a bit of fun...
The "open tubulars" were expensive but indeed I used them on my clincher wheels so not as expensive as getting tub wheels... They handle better on the road too, for bike packing...

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by cathrobinson
Since the last appearance of Kaph, some time ago... there are now three wheel sizes, and now new plus (+) tyres for the even more adventurous!

26 / 27.5 (650b) / 29 / 27.5+ (650b+) / 29+ / fat
whatever you ride, enjoy it :)