60% WAVA thread

30 watchers
Jul 2021
8:05pm, 4 Jul 2021
370 posts
  •  
Minimag
It IS a novel way to get a fast time, and I might play with it. I am one of those whose pace is set by how fast I start. I have found this before, and slowing down for me after a fast start tends to be quicker than starting slow (if that makes sense). Also, I have never been any good at negative splits, so this may be worth a try for me anyway. I've got a few 10ks and a half over the next few months, so have some events to practice with
Jul 2021
10:10am, 5 Jul 2021
469 posts
  •  
Shades
Minimag - even splits and/or negative splits are not for everyone. Most of my PB's are with positive splits as I run better that way by feeling mentally stronger trying to keep the pace going in the latter stages.

It annoys me when some brag about their negative splits for a race which turns out was actually due to them going off too slow rather that starting at race pace. My friend was cross with me when I pointed out that the negative split for his marathon was due to a lengthy loo stop in the first half of the race. 😉
Jul 2021
7:17pm, 5 Jul 2021
371 posts
  •  
Minimag
These Pics made me laugh, the 1st lap vs the last lap:

Jul 2021
11:31am, 6 Jul 2021
470 posts
  •  
Shades
Those are great photos, definitely PB photos 😀
1 Jan
6:34pm, 1 Jan 2024
26,419 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
Ah - this thread suits one of my 2024 goals. I was close last year but then the standards changed and I missed out. So this year it will be mine.
28 Jan
1:12pm, 28 Jan 2024
44,839 posts
  •  
Night-owl
This has to be a goal of mine
28 Jan
1:20pm, 28 Jan 2024
26,554 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
luck Owlie :)
28 Jan
9:36pm, 28 Jan 2024
44,849 posts
  •  
Night-owl
Thanks GM 🥰

And the best to you too.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
A goal thread for those of us aiming to break through 60% WAVA :-)

What times do I need?
Here's a calculator - put in 60, and your age:
fetcheveryone.com/training-calculators-reversewava.php

Help with training?
Try Project Joker: fetcheveryone.com/joker.php