Fetch Camper Vans

89 watchers
29 Apr
12:58pm, 29 Apr 2024
31,866 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Stuck at home this weekend with family stuff but plotting a Devon/Cornwall trip for the following one - the weather can’t stay this grim mich longer can it?
3 May
9:17am, 3 May 2024
3,461 posts
  •  
Big_G
It’s late really but first overnight trip away in the van this year. OH has a conference at Whipsnade Zoo, which is around 4hrs from us, so we thought we’d make a trip of it and have 3 nights on a site near Wendover Woods.

Arrived last night and it was wet, but it’s a pleasant site. Walked into Wendover Woods yesterday evening in a dry spell and the site is about a 20min walk to the parkrun start, which I’m hoping to do tomorrow.

We slept well and the van is all fine (it gets used regularly all year, but as I say this is the first overnight stay of the year so nice to check things out). We booked this several weeks ago, at the time not expecting it’d be so wet early May! Still, it’s nice to be away, although if it wasn’t for OH’s conference I expect we’d have been tempted to cancel.

I’ve dropped OH off at the zoo (about 10 miles away) and Tigg and I are back at the site now. It’s raining now, but I have a book, a cuppa, Tigg is curled up on his bed, so it’s all fine.

The site has about 8 EHU pitches, and a huge field next door which is fine to let dogs off on, through which we access Wendover Woods. There are about 20-30 small, green tents in the field, and it seems that each tent has a kid in it. Something to do with Duke of Edinburgh’s Award.
3 May
9:20am, 3 May 2024
18,878 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Apart from the rain it sounds great Big_G

Getting impatient waiting to start work on our VW. The wooblebox should be going on Wednesday then it will be all systems go 😁

It's booked in for the pop top on 3rd July and hopefully we can get away just after that 😁
3 May
9:48am, 3 May 2024
10,963 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
Having taken our MoHo for service last week knowing that there was damp in two areas, I was able to collect it yesterday all fixed. The damaged wall boards had been replaced and some external areas resealed.

Last year I had to return it for damp repairs after the service (as posted earlier) which ramps up the mileage and time off the road not able to use.

Needless to say I was very pleased with the service I had this time.

(However, I’m not happy with the manufacturer as there has been damp ingress twice in a three year old vehicle).
3 May
10:06am, 3 May 2024
81,228 posts
  •  
Gobi
Off to Scotland on the 17th for the Gralloch gravel event will be the first 2 nights in the van this year

Still wish I had got round to getting the heater installed
3 May
10:27am, 3 May 2024
5,959 posts
  •  
Dillthedog
Is it a British van Eynsham Red?
3 May
10:44am, 3 May 2024
10,966 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
Yes, it’s an Elddis Dillthedog
3 May
11:02am, 3 May 2024
12,546 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
We’ll be down in Afan next weekend. I need to make a repair to the side skirt before we go though - it’s coming away from the body.
3 May
11:07am, 3 May 2024
81,232 posts
  •  
Gobi
cathrobinson is Nicki doing Margam Park ?
3 May
11:08am, 3 May 2024
12,547 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
Indeed, she is :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by AntClark
Share the VW (or other) Camper Van love, which Fetchies have Campers? Can't beat a Camper for Race ...