Woof! Bark! And also Whiiiiiiiiiine.

1 lurker | 104 watchers
Feb 2020
7:59am, 15 Feb 2020
7,922 posts
  •  
Mazlin
Aww. Her head looks very Labrador, and then her body not so much!
Feb 2020
8:07am, 15 Feb 2020
2,923 posts
  •  
Wombling Plodder (Welsh Womble)
Thanks Fetchies 🐾

Mazlin, her head is the only Lab bit. She has the body and stance of the Mastin and double dew claws.
Feb 2020
8:08am, 15 Feb 2020
29,212 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Hello Nala! Great photos! Lucky Nala to fetch up with you :-)

That's funny you say about a sassy walk - Flossie has that at a certain pace, she looks exactly how I imagine she'd sashay down a catwalk in a fashion show, then as she picks up pace a touch she starts trotting quite normally. None of our other Labs has ever walked like that and I worried that it presaged a hip problem but the vet says not.
Feb 2020
8:19am, 15 Feb 2020
2,924 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy - I did wonder about hip dysplasia but she doesn't show any signs of pain or stiffness and can run when she wants to. Although her back legs are slightly longer than her front so I wondered if that was the cause. She tends to do it more when we walk down our road or when approaching people, almost as if she is saying "look at me"
Does Flossie show any sign of stiffness or tenderness in her back legs. Perhaps she is just a very sassy lady xx
Feb 2020
11:42am, 15 Feb 2020
29,217 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Not really, Womble. She went through a phase of being transiently limpy on a back leg but once we realised that was due to excessive ball-chasing we cut back on that and she's not had a problem since. In fact she seems to prefer chasing sticks anyway. (yes, I know that's potentially dangerous) which don't go as far or as fast as a ball from a flinger.
Feb 2020
11:50am, 15 Feb 2020
15,081 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Ralph thinks Flossie is a very sassy lady ;)
D2
Feb 2020
12:01pm, 15 Feb 2020
11,526 posts
  •  
D2
Wow she is gorgeous! Welcome to thread.

I've just found this pic of Indi pretending to have a fashionable but horrible sloped back like the GSD show dogs, actually its just because he is moving fast at a recent show!

Feb 2020
12:27pm, 15 Feb 2020
2,926 posts
  •  
LD, bless, we don't have that problem with Nala, unfortunately she doesn't know how to play with anything. Her lil soft toy has been gathering dust since we got her.

Thanks D2. Indi is lovely, she looks like she is just about to spring into action :-)
Feb 2020
12:28pm, 15 Feb 2020
2,927 posts
  •  
D2 I mean HE 🐾
Feb 2020
4:50pm, 15 Feb 2020
6,721 posts
  •  
Helegant
We're now on week two of enforced rest for Jet. He's hurt his cruciate ligament, but seems to be improving so hopefully no operation needed.

He seems to be in good company on this thread...

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
Support thread for owners of puppies.
Well, why not?

Now including All Matters dogdogdogDOG dogdogdog