Dog bites

4 watchers
Dec 2022
6:45pm, 26 Dec 2022
3,177 posts
  •  
Fellrunning
Yes it was tongue in cheek. I didn't want anyone running away with the idea that I regarded my sheep as being more important than a person.
Dec 2022
7:40pm, 26 Dec 2022
23,670 posts
  •  
Dave A
Unfortunately there are lots of poor ideas out there about dog behaviour, dominance theory etc that mean people do believe they will be attacked by a dog for no good reason.
Dec 2022
8:47pm, 26 Dec 2022
14 posts
  •  
RossN
Thanks for all the advice. I wiped the (minor) wound with some alcohol-based disinfectant. But I'll put antibiotic cream on it today. Good thing it hasn't affected my running. I just did my first ever 25 km run today.
Dec 2022
9:09pm, 26 Dec 2022
26,156 posts
  •  
TROSaracen
I got nipped a few years ago. Running alongside a steam, wire fence on the other side.

Yappy little thing was running alongside on the other side of the fence so I assumed it was a bit of ‘I’m safe’ bravado.

But the little shit squeezed under a gap in the fence, ran up behind and sank its teeth into my Achilles. I would have booted it into the stream, but it was back under the fence before I could react.

Took ages to heal, far longer than the same wounds if not a dog bite.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by RossN
Got my first decent dog bite yesterday.
I was only walking, and now I have a big rip in my best trousers, and a small leg wound.

Moral of the story: Don't let a small barking dog get BEHIND you!