Canicross

5 watchers
Nov 2015
3:21pm, 15 Nov 2015
48 posts
  •  
Tryffydog
Hi

Looking to do some canicross races this autumn/winter. Anyone know of any in Essex/Suffolk/Cambs/Norfolk other than parkruns?

Thans
Nov 2015
7:54pm, 15 Nov 2015
4,763 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
I think there is a Colchester group? There are also some CaniX races in Thetford Forest I think. There are a couple of East Anglian Fetchies who do take part in CaniX but I haven't seen either around on this site for a while.

I will ask my agility trainer next time I go - she does something called Bikejor which is mountain biking pulled by a dog (which sounds even more terrifying than Cani-X) and there seems to be quite a few of those races over the winter.
Good luck and do post if you find any races.
Nov 2015
8:20am, 16 Nov 2015
49 posts
  •  
Tryffydog
Thanks for that.. We also do agility, where do you train? We train with Ace agility at Glemsford but I do not think anyone there runs or bikes!
Feb 2018
3:08pm, 26 Feb 2018
19,696 posts
  •  
Maclennane
Anyone got any harness recommendations?
Mar 2018
10:36pm, 6 Mar 2018
255 posts
  •  
hope to...
Hi, my whippet wears a non-stop harness. Works well, looks great!
Sep 2020
11:49am, 23 Sep 2020
89 posts
  •  
SjohnA
So, are many people doing this? I've started last month with my 13 month old border collie x english setter Luna. She absolutely loves it - wears a dogfit harness and a cheap bungie lead/belt at the moment.

With a 5k PB of 19.55 myself, she has just taken me for a 19.35 effort that included slowing to cross a road and opening and shutting a gate!

Only issue I have at the moment is that she wheezes a bit when she really pulls hard so I am not sure if I need the next size up for harness. Any recommendations for a good replacement?

Nov 2022
8:54pm, 11 Nov 2022
3,660 posts
  •  
Irontubs
Just stumbled across this thread. Anybody doing cani-cross??

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
Hi

Looking to do some canicross races this autumn/winter. Anyone know of any in Essex/Suffolk/Cam...