Jock Itch
fetcheveryone.com/route-581635

guess this route is prob the same. from 2011
19 Aug
9:23am, 19 Aug 2022
531 posts
  •  
damo_HAC
They must have changed the route, looks a bit different now. I'm hoping for a calm day ๐Ÿ™

plotaroute.com
22 Aug
8:10am, 22 Aug 2022
535 posts
  •  
damo_HAC
1:19:07 at Fleetwood Half, fairly breezy and 10 secs faster than my downhill Edinburgh half from end of May so heading in right direction.

A very surprising 3rd place podium finish too, but there were only 175 in the race. Apart from the first 1.5 miles ran the whole thing alone, 2nd placed guy finished 2mins ahead of me so mentally it was tough with no target in sight.

Drama on the morning of the race when I realised I had packed my wifes shorts, she's 5'3 and im 6'1, so my attire was very aerodynamic ๐Ÿ˜
22 Aug
9:35am, 22 Aug 2022
1,543 posts
  •  
Daz Love
Well run Damo.

That old chesnut about 'accidentally'packing the wifes shorts. :)
22 Aug
12:07pm, 22 Aug 2022
1,270 posts
  •  
fuzzyduck79
Lucky shorts now I'd say, need to buy your wife another pair and you keep the good ones for racing
22 Aug
6:02pm, 22 Aug 2022
537 posts
  •  
damo_HAC
Fuzzyduck after the mad chafing I think I will go back to my regular shorts now. Sudocrem being applied....
22 Aug
9:51pm, 22 Aug 2022
13,734 posts
  •  
Jock Itch
Nice one Damo. :)

No need to boast about 'packing your wife's shorts' either ;)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Gobi