Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Sis Gels, can you actually open one?

7 watchers
Sep 2013
9:44pm, 12 Sep 2013
13418 posts
Discovery Dave
Got to say, Vooma gels are rather lush.
Sep 2013
9:53pm, 12 Sep 2013
266 posts
K5 Gus
SiS are definitely the most difficult of the ones I've tried - unfortunately only found that out after buying a box of 24 !

A small snick with scissors before leaving home eases things a lot.

Clif gels, Citrus with caffeine, my favs, plus orange flavoured Shot Blox
Sep 2013
10:18am, 16 Sep 2013
3794 posts
HermanBloom
Used a Torq gel at the weekend. Opened very easily, tasted good (Orange and Banana, very sweet but packed more of a punch than the SiS) and got me through the 13 miles no issue (only the second time I have run that distance).

Think we are going to get on very well. Now to try and find them cheap somewhere!
Sep 2013
1:05pm, 19 Sep 2013
3807 posts
HermanBloom
Local sports shop did me a deal of 20 Torq Gels for £22.50, which seems more than reasonable :-) I am now stocked up!
Sep 2013
1:20pm, 19 Sep 2013
359 posts
Fravage
No problem opening them, but getting any sort of flavour out of them was a bit tricky.

By the way HB - Decathlon is selling SIS gels at 10 for £10. I just hope the other 9 I have left actually taste of orange.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by HermanBloom
Is it me, or are they stupidly hard to open? I was resorting to teeth and everything the other day, ...