•  
Discovery Dave
Got to say, Vooma gels are rather lush.
Sep 2013
9:53pm, 12 Sep 2013
266 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
SiS are definitely the most difficult of the ones I've tried - unfortunately only found that out after buying a box of 24 !

A small snick with scissors before leaving home eases things a lot.

Clif gels, Citrus with caffeine, my favs, plus orange flavoured Shot Blox
Sep 2013
10:18am, 16 Sep 2013
3,794 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Used a Torq gel at the weekend. Opened very easily, tasted good (Orange and Banana, very sweet but packed more of a punch than the SiS) and got me through the 13 miles no issue (only the second time I have run that distance).

Think we are going to get on very well. Now to try and find them cheap somewhere!
Sep 2013
1:05pm, 19 Sep 2013
3,807 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Local sports shop did me a deal of 20 Torq Gels for £22.50, which seems more than reasonable :-) I am now stocked up!
Sep 2013
1:20pm, 19 Sep 2013
359 posts
  •  
Fravage
No problem opening them, but getting any sort of flavour out of them was a bit tricky.

By the way HB - Decathlon is selling SIS gels at 10 for £10. I just hope the other 9 I have left actually taste of orange.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by HermanBloom
Is it me, or are they stupidly hard to open? I was resorting to teeth and everything the other day, ...