Energy gels advice

5 watchers
Oct 2012
11:03am, 9 Oct 2012
2,039 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Having started looking into this for my longer runs, and the costs involved, I am going with DeeGee's Jelly babies route :-)
Oct 2012
11:13am, 9 Oct 2012
373 posts
  •  
RedWineRunner
I absolutely love High5 gels - the raspberry ones taste like jam to me. The fluid is very light compared to powerbar or lucazade gels and easy to squirt down. Available with or without caffeine and at the cheaper end of the market too!
Oct 2012
11:52am, 9 Oct 2012
20,914 posts
  •  
Frobester
I've experimented with Nectar Fuel, something made by the people who make For Goodness Shakes. You basically squirt the concentrate into water and then drink it as you go along. Works for me, and then for anything more substantial I munch on a Jordans granola bar. It all appears to work for me, which is great because when I tried gels the consistency of them, even with water, made me hurl.
Oct 2012
1:18pm, 9 Oct 2012
153 posts
  •  
Mave
Another fan of SIS here.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by DiscoSteve
Afternoon all

Am sure a lot of it is just down to personal preference but was wondering if anyone...