When is best to take caffeine gels?

1 watcher
Mar 2013
8:48am, 30 Mar 2013
355 posts
  •  
faithfulred
I'm running Brighton in a couple of weeks and My fuelling strategy is to take SIS gels at miles 6, 10, 14, 18 and 22. I'm planning on taking a couple of caffeine gels along with the normal SIS GO ones, but I'm unsure when I should take them. Is it best to take them early (how long does it take for the caffeine to take effect?) or is it best to take them late?
Mar 2013
8:57am, 30 Mar 2013
136 posts
  •  
Neilio
I use caffeine gels later. On your strategy, I would use them at 18 and 22. Make sure you test them 1st though. Caffeine introduced at that point, if you're not used to it, can cause a wee bit of stomach issue :)
Mar 2013
9:01am, 30 Mar 2013
356 posts
  •  
faithfulred
Yeah, I have tried them, they don't taste great nomatter when I take them! I've got my last long run today (18M) so I might try one twards the end.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by faithfulred
I'm running Brighton in a couple of weeks and My fuelling strategy is to take SIS gels at miles 6, ...