Should we all be Buds?

2 watchers
Sep 2022
4:44pm, 3 Sep 2022
136 posts
  •  
Old Mum
Advice please from the holy hallows of Fetchverse. I hate running with my phone for many reasons, so would welcome suggestions for alternatives because:

1, I'm a klutz and will inevitably goes middle aged arse over saggy tits and total the thing

2, Running with phone in pocket pulls my shorts down and there's no single soul on this planet needs to see that arse crack

3, I have tried other alternatives to music/podcast download sites but now, everything I ever stored is stupidly, on iTunes. What is the alternative if I go for buds? Is there an alternative? I confess, every time I look at them there's a dog to walk
4, Open to other providers and storage systems
5, Buds seem practical (no wires, etc), but are they?

All suggestions and discussions welcome. BTW, in all honesty, my iTunes list is probably crap anyway.
Sep 2022
4:51pm, 3 Sep 2022
92,526 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I don't take my phone anywhere unless I want to take photos.
My music is in my head.
I do have an ipod mini for in the car as I largely don't like what is on the radio and need a good singalong when driving.
Sep 2022
4:51pm, 3 Sep 2022
92,527 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I don't even know what Buds is...
Sep 2022
4:55pm, 3 Sep 2022
1,229 posts
  •  
Sam Jelfs
Do you have a modern Garmin watch by any chance that can store music? Then any Bluetooth headphones can work, no phone needed.

In general, I don't like running with headphones, so I use aftershokz bone conduction ones that leave the ears open. Means you can still hear the world around you.
Sep 2022
5:36pm, 3 Sep 2022
14,770 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
+1 for music off a Garmin. Works brilliantly for me.
Sep 2022
5:44pm, 3 Sep 2022
1,690 posts
  •  
Bowman 🇸🇪
I have my phone in my flipbelt, I don’t even notice it.
Also have a modern Garmin with maps and music and Bluetooth connectivity.
But, I like using my phone still.
Sep 2022
11:56pm, 3 Sep 2022
137 posts
  •  
Old Mum
I run with a Garmin 735, which I use for running and swimming. I don't think it links with music apps, but please prove me wrong. I used to run with my phone but find it cumbersome (yes, I'm from 1880). Found any belt gave me a stitch at certain points in long runs, maybe still need to find the right one for my fit.

I've run with old school iPod shuffles, the kind you clip to your vest, for the past 15 years, updating as and when. They're working, but sounding a bit like they might be passing to the great tribute act in the sky, despite me choosing the music I prefer.
PK
Sep 2022
12:27am, 4 Sep 2022
1,195 posts
  •  
PK
I use a shuffle too. Got my last one from ebay. Hate running with a phone
Sep 2022
1:32am, 4 Sep 2022
138 posts
  •  
Old Mum
PK, I hate it. I know I should take it for safety but the damn thing is bigger than my hand! I love my wee shuffles but they're definitely looking at the great iLight to landfill.
Sep 2022
5:11am, 4 Sep 2022
2,232 posts
  •  
SailorSteve
Shuffle connected to a small Bluetooth transmitter, to Aftershokz aeropex for me. Small, light, secure: perfect for me. I have 3 Shuffles, sourced from eBay and cex.

My second preferred option is iPod touch and aeropex.

Buds are great but in my experience they do occasionally fall out.

About This Thread

Maintained by Old Mum
Advice please from the holy hallows of Fetchverse. I hate running with my phone for many reasons, so would welcome suggestions for alternatives because:

1, I'm a klutz and will inevitably goes middle aged arse over saggy tits and total the thing

2, Running with phone in pocket pulls my shorts down and there's no single soul on this planet needs to see that arse crack

3, I have tried other alternatives to music/podcast download sites but now, everything I ever stored is stupidl...