Running to stand still - Treadmill runners thread

7 watchers
Aug 2012
12:40pm, 23 Aug 2012
2,383 posts
  •  
lunaman
Haha, that's nuts. At least we had a crash mat behind the treadmill when I did a VO2 test Chris.
Aug 2012
12:55pm, 23 Aug 2012
5,532 posts
  •  
Dvorak
I use treadmills mainly when the weather is minging (which up here can be any time of the year). I probably get a more varied workout speedwise as I will keep altering it, usually in a kind of multi-pyramid session.
Aug 2012
2:37pm, 23 Aug 2012
4,943 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Luna - nope there was just a warning not to stand behind any runner on the treadmill. PHD students doing things on the cheap!
Aug 2012
7:05pm, 24 Aug 2012
72 posts
  •  
Dave D
I use an old treadmill in the garage (Thinking of upgrading) when it's too late or weather is too bad. But interestingly my physio recommends them for returning from hamstring problems (which I have) as apparently they reduce strain on the hammy - makes sense as the belt does some of the work returning the leg / foot to starting position - if that makes sense
Feb 2021
11:11am, 20 Feb 2021
First-time poster!!
  •  
nancy
I have my treadmill which I bought through <a href="https://www.reecoupons.com/view/bluefin-fitness">Bluefin Fitness coupons</a>, for doing work out at home.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I am curious to know how many people on here regularly use the treadmill to do their runs?
Being so...