Treadmills

11 watchers
jda
15 Feb
10:33am, 15 Feb 2024
16,492 posts
  •  
jda
A bit of googling (which perhaps I should have done sooner) suggests this is far from rare and my conclusion is that 80kg running fairly hard for significant periods of time is just more than they are designed for, even at the £1000-2000 price point. I will reinforce the replacement deck, whether or not I get a warranty replacement is still not clear. Annoyingly, I reported the problem just about 5 days past the 1 year warranty threshold, though obviously the problem occurred well before that time.

(For reinforcement, I'm thinking of some metal bars or plate across the underside of the deck, bolted through at the edges of the deck which will hopefully be far enough beyond the belt so as not to foul on it when in use. This should spread the load and prevent the board flexing too much. It should't crack if it doesn't bend!)
15 Feb
10:42am, 15 Feb 2024
23,251 posts
  •  
larkim
I'm on a similar spec'd treadmill and weigh in at 75kg. I've used mine in the last 8 months far more than I expected to, and I've still got a nagging doubt that the deck will last long, so your post makes me more concerned. I bought one at around the £800 mark, and whilst the spec said my use was within it's tolerance, all of the reviews of treadmills at around that price point suggested that the manufacturers assurances about them being good for running on were flawed, but I took the risk anyway.

Will be interested to hear what you manage in terms of replacing the deck / reinforcing things.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by plodding hippo
So. Looks like I may be stuck in shitty hospital accommodation for the foreseeable.

Can anyone ...