Dreadmills, our thoughts and tips about treadmills

8 watchers
Oct 2022
10:31am, 30 Oct 2022
1,464 posts
  •  
fuzzyduck79
Blisters on your instep sounds quite hard to do!

I’ve run barefoot and in socks on treadmill before, my feet were not happy - the friction as foot meets moving belt caused me problems, think I scuff on landing a little bit so I burn through running shoes faster than most

Zwift has ambient sounds, also pretty sure you hear cyclists as they pass but the warning they are behind is more obvious if you watch the names at bottom of screen under your avatar, shows distance/time. When running on Zwift I just have iPad screen to one side, but my attention is on someone doing intervals etc on SweatElite youtube channel
jda
Oct 2022
12:23pm, 30 Oct 2022
13,652 posts
  •  
jda
Treadmills are much noisier than the quiet generation of cycle trainers. At least that’s my experience. Watching TV isn’t impossible but be warned it’s a significantly poorer experience.
Oct 2022
8:27pm, 30 Oct 2022
390 posts
  •  
Sunbed Athlete
Have the use of one when at the local Academy however I don’t use them a lot. Although it can be boring, just staring at a wall if I’ve not got my music on, however just set the pace at 10-12 mph for a mile, turn up the pace to 14 mph for 12 mile, then reduce the pace to 10 mph for the last mile. Try and aim for a half marathon distance in 60-61 mins
Oct 2022
9:56pm, 30 Oct 2022
1,468 posts
  •  
fuzzyduck79
That's why they come with a kill cord then
Nov 2022
7:02pm, 2 Nov 2022
1,921 posts
  •  
Bowman 🇸🇪
Just realized the other day that Garmin doesn’t give you any “training points” in the section “training load” easy/hard/anaerobic when running on a treadmill with the activity “treadmill”

Annoying since I use that a little bit to level of my different intensity’s. And an easy way of keeping track.
But apparently if you broadcast your data to swift run, using the activity “virtual run” it suppose to work, no idea why.
So next time I’ll give it a go and se if it works.

Any one having had these thoughts and tried swift run?
jda
Nov 2022
7:06pm, 2 Nov 2022
13,686 posts
  •  
jda
Do you mean zwift? I use that, at least I did last winter, not sure if I can be bothered this time. There is a running group which is quite supportive and fun but OTOH you can just watch telly instead. I’ll only be using it for occasional poor-weather jogs (like today!) and not part of my regular routine.
Nov 2022
7:31pm, 2 Nov 2022
1,922 posts
  •  
Bowman 🇸🇪
Yes with a z, I mis spelled.
I’m thinking of using it just like that, just keeping Zwift running on my iPhone, just to get more data on the training load. Not really looking at the avatar running :)
jda
Nov 2022
8:04pm, 2 Nov 2022
13,687 posts
  •  
jda
Ah I see. Have never bothered with any detailed analytics from treadmill stuff.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Bowman 🇸🇪
I didn’t find a recent thread about this.
And I have a new found “liking” for the dreaded treadmill :)

Well I’ll start, today and last few days I have done some proper training at my corporate gym.
I can differ my stride from “same as the band speed” with long and uncomfortable strides.
And my pace from my HR PRO PLUS is spot on with the machine.
It calibrates it self from outside runs with gps.

And if I run more natural for me, with shorter faster strides I run “20% fas...