Advice on a treadmill

2 watchers
Dec 2021
6:11pm, 19 Dec 2021
5,745 posts
  •  
TheScribbler
One of my friends is thinking of getting a running treadmill and asked my advice.

But I know nothing about them. This is the one. They’re thinking of:

wowcher.co.uk
Dec 2021
8:15pm, 19 Dec 2021
1,917 posts
  •  
auburnette
How much is your friend planning to use it and how fast (running or walking?) The cheaper ones really don't last long or hold up to much use (would not use them for running) but if it's mainly for walking it might be okay. I would say a secondhand heavier duty machine is likely to give better value for money, our secondhand Nordictrack commercial 2950 cost us 800 but they are £2500 new and very robust. A secondhand noblepro or something might be the way to go if budget would permit.
Dec 2021
8:40pm, 19 Dec 2021
5,746 posts
  •  
TheScribbler
Thanks auburnette
jda
Dec 2021
5:35pm, 21 Dec 2021
11,515 posts
  •  
jda
+1 exactly what auburnette said. That's a rubbish model, it could be adequate for the intended use but 2nd hand heavy duty will be much more durable. NB they are v large and heavy, so delivery and installation is a consideration in how to buy. I paid about 200 quid on ebay for a very decent model.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by TheScribbler
One of my friends is thinking of getting a running treadmill and asked my advice.

But I know nothing about them. This is the one. They’re thinking of:

wowcher.co.uk