Recommend me a race...

2 watchers
Oct 2022
6:31pm, 2 Oct 2022
14,477 posts
  •  
Fat Dave
Hello Fetchies. I'm not sure if there's already a thread along these lines, but I'd love your race recommendations for the spring.

I'm looking for a half marathon (or thereabouts) with some interest, character, and fun. Bath Two Tunnels was amazing, but I'd really like something in March or April (plus I've done that now - I'd like something new!).

I know Fetch has a race finder, but if anything it's too comprehensive for my purposes. I'm spoiled for choice!

So, what've you got for me?
Oct 2022
6:36pm, 2 Oct 2022
39,748 posts
  •  
Nellers
So it might not match all your criteria but Great Bentley Half is a lovely race, run by a really good bunch, and I know somewhere fairly local you'd be welcome to stay over before and after the race. You'd even get a lift there and back, and someone shouting encouragement at you at a couple of points on the course.
Oct 2022
6:50pm, 2 Oct 2022
14,478 posts
  •  
Fat Dave
Oh wow! My mum used to teach at Weeley and my cousin lives at Walton-on-the-Naze. Definitely one for the shortlist. Thanks!
Oct 2022
7:25pm, 2 Oct 2022
14,408 posts
  •  
Ultracat
Inverness half is in march
Oct 2022
8:33pm, 2 Oct 2022
14,479 posts
  •  
Fat Dave
Oof, that's a loooong way to go for a half!
Oct 2022
7:01am, 3 Oct 2022
29,527 posts
  •  
HellsBells
Cambridge half in March
Oct 2022
3:05pm, 3 Oct 2022
8 posts
  •  
Lunge
Birmingham Black Country Half Marathon?
Point to point down the canal from Wolverhampton, finishing in the centre of Birmingham. Really interesting route with lots of industrial history on the canal.
Plus, it finishes outside a pub.
Oct 2022
3:51pm, 3 Oct 2022
646 posts
  •  
Minimag
Hastings half was probably my favourite half this year, bit of a climb to start (well, ok for about 6 miles), but then a wonderful downhill sprint into Hastings, and flat along the seafront. 26th March I think
Oct 2022
4:36pm, 3 Oct 2022
34,377 posts
  •  
Old Croc
Another vote for Inverness, it not far. Only about 25 miles from here.
Oct 2022
4:44pm, 3 Oct 2022
1,059 posts
  •  
The Mussile
Its in Feb so a bit earlier but assuming you are Southwest based then Doynton Hard Half on 5th Feb is a great race.

About This Thread

Maintained by Fat Dave
Hello Fetchies. I'm not sure if there's already a thread along these lines, but I'd love your race recommendations for the spring.

I'm looking for a half marathon (or thereabouts) with some interest, character, and fun. Bath Two Tunnels was amazing, but I'd really like something in March or April (plus I've done that now - I'd like something new!).

I know Fetch has a race finder, but if anything it's too comprehensive for my purposes. I'm spoile...