Bristol Bridges challenge

35 watchers
Apr 2021
10:32am, 29 Apr 2021
497 posts
  •  
The Mussile
Across to Temple Island fairly near to Temple Meads. Somewhere in the region of £3M spent on a bridge that goes nowhere. Think it was planned for the aborted Bristol Arena project in that area
Aug 2021
6:49pm, 3 Aug 2021
48 posts
  •  
Sparkee
+1 for interest in a group attempt at the challenge
Aug 2021
7:51pm, 3 Aug 2021
33,934 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Does anyone have a preferred time for this? Once the Gt South weekend is out of the way (that's 17th October) I have a pretty empty diary so November would be good for me. Would anyone care to make a doodle poll (she says lazily as she has no idea how to do that.)
21 Feb
3:21pm, 21 Feb 2022
54,451 posts
  •  
alpenrose
Wakey, wakey! :)

There's an Oxford version on the cards next .......

fetcheveryone.com/forum/thames-or-isis-bridges-challenge-oxford-62242/
26 Jun
2:11pm, 26 Jun 2022
9,373 posts
  •  
Raemond
Bath/Brizzle/other somewhat local fetchies!

I'm going to be in Bath for the night on Wednesday 13 July (trains permitting), anyone fancy dinner?
Even a little jogette in the evening, then dinner?

I'm there for the funeral of one of my oldest friends, my former Latin teacher and also school athletics coach (though at school I shunned all non water based sport, so he never coached me).

He very much embodied what I consider to be the spirit of Fetchieness - inclusive, non judgemental (unless you're being an asshole), incredibly clever, willing to go as far as necessary out of his way to help anyone in need, and wickedly hilarious (if sometimes a little puerile). I can think of few better ways to remember him than hanging out with a bunch of strangers I met on the Internet* (also pretty much everyone I knew when I lived in Bath isn't there anymore, he was the only one left).

Hit me up via fmail if you're around and want to do something!

*other options would include getting thrown out of the Roman Baths for being more interesting than the tour guide, organising a sports day, or learning to play the harpsichord. Dinner with strangers seemed logistically the easiest, but if the baths are open and anyone's up for it...

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by ♪♫ Synge ♪♫
For discussion of the Bristol Bridges Walk. As at 2021, the full route visits 45 bridges in a distance of 45km. There is a reference page maintained by Bristol Civic Society (see link below) and there is also a handbook which can be purchased through that page or on Amazon: Jeff Lucas's "From Brycgstowe to Bristol in 45 Bridges" published by Bristol Books.

The route includes a large loop of around 20km down the River Avon to take in the M5 motorway bridge at Avonmouth and one other, so it should be possible to devise a route which excludes these and offers 43 bridges within around 25km. Sounds like an idea for a run ...

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.