Random Acts of Kindness

25 watchers
Dec 2016
11:49am, 18 Dec 2016
18,048 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Tomorrow's challenge is to do a R.A.O.K.

To help people get some ideas about things they can do, it'd be great if you can post your suggestions here :-)

For example, you could send a Christmas card to a random person who lives somewhere near you. Or leave a copy of a book you really like, with a note inviting the finder to keep it. Or buy a chocolate bar when you're in the shop, and tell the person at the counter that it's for the next person at the till.

Post your ideas here :-)
Dec 2016
3:59pm, 18 Dec 2016
6,108 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
When you do your supermarket shop - if it is a store with a loyalty card points scheme say you don't have a card and offer the person behind you in the queue to swipe theirs instead and get your points.
Dec 2016
4:17pm, 18 Dec 2016
35,042 posts
  •  
Raptors Claws are coming to town
If you work in a place where it would be appropriate, take something that you don't use but someone else might appreciate and leave it with a message inviting people to take it.

I did that once with a stack of s'lebby cookbooks - Jamie Oliver, Nigella Lawson, that sort of stuff. They were all gone within two days. And occasional donations of crockery and cutlery have melted into the staff kitchen, which reminds me of what my RAOK tomorrow could be ... :)
Dec 2016
4:37pm, 18 Dec 2016
11,551 posts
  •  
Ultracat
Let someone go ahead of you in a queue?
Dec 2016
4:37pm, 18 Dec 2016
21,866 posts
  •  
elfpint
I was thinking of putting together a little selection of our home bakes for our neighbour but that will have to wait 'til later in the week.

Letting the person behind you in the queue go first. Donate the extra item in a 3 for 2 to a local cause. Leave a note for someone you admire telling them why you think they are great.
Dec 2016
5:35pm, 18 Dec 2016
18,050 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
All good suggestions. Keep them coming :-)
Dec 2016
5:40pm, 18 Dec 2016
19,010 posts
  •  
Merry LG
If you are in a supermarket buy a sandwich and give it to the next homeless person you see (if there are usually where you shop)
Dec 2016
5:47pm, 18 Dec 2016
6,110 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
I know car park operators don't like people doing this but....... If you buy a car park ticket and the minimum time you can buy for is much longer than you need (say you can only buy for an hour but you only need 15 mins) then stick the ticket to the paying machine when you leave the car park so someone else can have your 45 minutes for free (this probably won't work if you pay for parking by text ;-) )
Dec 2016
6:07pm, 18 Dec 2016
4,195 posts
  •  
XmasB
Leave for work 5 minutes earlier and let at least one person out of every side street with a cheery wave.
Dec 2016
6:08pm, 18 Dec 2016
348 posts
  •  
lozza
Inspired by the suggestions of some children .... give (genuine) compliments to people you see every day.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Tomorrow's challenge is to do a R.A.O.K.

To help people get some ideas about things they can do,...