My First Tri - Training Help!

28 watchers
Mar 2011
3:16pm, 11 Mar 2011
14,004 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I thought it was just a belt which number clips on to, so you can swap it from back (for cycle) to front (for run) Waz. But never having actually seen one, what do I know. Why wouldn't a bit of string do?! Minimalist kit! :-O

Macca, is it just me, or do tri suits not look like lycra baby rompers. There are websites for that kind of get up, you know! :-)G
Mar 2011
5:12pm, 11 Mar 2011
43,717 posts
  •  
GregP
Sorry, read back and I'm lost. But entry is normally less if you have a BTF license, and you don't buy a day license - double win.
Mar 2011
7:05pm, 11 Mar 2011
12,518 posts
  •  
macca53
that's cos you is an expert Greppers:) I did say that I thought :)G had is numbers the wrong way round - but as I see it £40+ = at least 8-10 races or you lose out? Have I missed something?
Mar 2011
7:13pm, 11 Mar 2011
856 posts
  •  
Wazelle the Gazelle
If you are part of a tri club do you still get money off at running races. Can you tick the affiliated box? I am wondering about dumping my running club membership.
Mar 2011
7:36pm, 11 Mar 2011
43,718 posts
  •  
GregP
Good luck, W'zah I tried that. Secretary of the tri club advised me not to as it is an administrative mess, and likely to be 'unpopular'.
Mar 2011
9:46pm, 11 Mar 2011
14,013 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
What is a "day licence" then? It seems to imply that it is a compulsory thing to have a licence, whether annual or day. But the Tri I have entered offered a price for "with BTA" licence and a price with no BTA licence. There was no mention of having to buy a "day licence". I don't mind doing so, but am just surprised that there has been no mention of it. And if photo ID is required for a "day licence" then I don't want to not have such a thing with me (often don't carry my driving licence with me). ANyhoo, I'm sure it will all be OK.

BTW, I did get the pricing right way round - more without a BTA licence (£25) than with a BTA licence (£22.50) - makes sense. A discount for those who are already BTA licence holders/members? :-)G
Mar 2011
11:57pm, 11 Mar 2011
295 posts
  •  
Reiver
Your entry will include your 'day licence'
BTA membership also provides insurance for training, therefore, although I only plan to enter 4-6 tri events this year, I have dumped my British Cycling membership as the insurance benefits were duplicated.
Mar 2011
7:16am, 12 Mar 2011
14,016 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
ok guys, thanks. makes sense. won't be doing another tri so no need for membership! :-)G
Mar 2011
7:44am, 12 Mar 2011
1,780 posts
  •  
HappySmout
Lol - won't e doing another Tri.... Till the bug bites yer bum :-)

Still looking at what I will do this year.... Getting worried all the Tri events will sell out before I get beyond my current milestones :-o
Mar 2011
7:49am, 12 Mar 2011
864 posts
  •  
Wazelle the Gazelle
Well I'm more likley to do 10+ running races than 10+ tris and the penality for not being affiliated or licensed is usually about £5. Tri club is more expensive than running club... so might be worth seeing if England Athletics Affiliation is thrown in.

About This Thread

Maintained by rparker
I am racing in my first Tri in July, got conned into it by someone in work! The only problem is I h...