Fetchie Flab Fighters

79 watchers
19 Apr
10:19am, 19 Apr 2024
22,182 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I am dreaming of the day I pack up my pens for the last time! I am aiming for 2-2.5y more. I did suggest we look at taking a 6m sabbatical next year but OH doesnt think his company will allow it. Maybe I do it alone haha.

Anyway back from holiday stepped on the scales, I am .85kg more than last official weigh, but I know I had started creeping up (and didnt officially weigh) and from the weight last week before I went away I've lost 0.35kg.

I will start properly after Jordan. I do need to get some veggies in me as holiday food seems to be very veggie light everything was served with fries & salad, I tried the canarian potatoes but didnt like them at all. Meals were very good though and not overly bad largely grilled fish/meat. We had toast on a morning and mostly shared a sandwich after the first day having one each and all struggling to eat it.

Well done on your great loss RevB that walk sounded challenging!

Sally its so annoying when that happens but to me its a loss

Hope your mum is ok Mel and well done on your golfing!
19 Apr
11:21am, 19 Apr 2024
2,297 posts
  •  
Shades
RevB & Sally - well done on the weight losses

WtnMel - a bit of DOMS is good, you know you worked those muscles, even if unintentionally on the golf course.

Geordiegirl - not the time to think about your weight and definitely not to lose any,

No run or gym today, have raised RHR and slight sore throat.

Instead I have been wrestling with the year end accounts, I'm treasurer of ARC. Please don't mention PayPal to me, it will raise my blood pressure, although I've now successfully reconciled the PayPal account.
19 Apr
3:14pm, 19 Apr 2024
22,183 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Def not the time to drop weight, focus is on good healthy food, plenty water and sleep

Hope the raised RHR and sore throat dont amount to anything, my RHR is still elevated anything up to 10bpm, but I am presuming it could be temperature related?

Well done on getting the accounts done
19 Apr
5:54pm, 19 Apr 2024
20,162 posts
  •  
SarahWoo
We're away for several weeks in the motorhome. Now in Spain having driven down through France. I'm amazed by my own restraint so far. No French bread or Brie or pizza, all of which I love. No pastries for breakfast or desserts. Not a lot of alcohol, just the occasional glass. I don’t feel deprived yet so long may it last. I really don’t want to go home having put a load of weight on.
19 Apr
6:00pm, 19 Apr 2024
2,302 posts
  •  
Shades
Geordiegirl - sore throat hasn't progressed into anything else, just feeling slightly off colour.

Not sure what you mean by your raised RHR being temperature related? Do you mean the aftereffects of your virus?

SarahWoo - sounds like you're having a lovely relaxing holiday 😎
19 Apr
6:00pm, 19 Apr 2024
2,608 posts
  •  
WtnMel
Back from my travels. Thankfully, this time, I didn't get held up around Oxford either on the way to see my Mum yesterday or on the way home today (Oxford traffic always seems to be completely unpredictable!). I managed a 4ml fast walk yesterday evening and had steak & chips in the Beefeater. To counteract that, I had an instant porridge this morning and soup and some corn thins for my lunch today. And despite feeling a bit worn out, I've managed to do my stretching & strengthening exercises this afternoon - go me ;)

geordiegirl - I was aiming for 2-2.5yrs more before the company approached me and suggested I retire early and said they would help me on my way. Just goes to show you never know what's around the corner. My Mum was doing okay yesterday and quite 'with it' - but I noticed the sheet of exercises the physio gave her to help her mobility has (ahem) disappeared.

Shades - the DOMS in my glutes is still there a bit. I worked out it was purely from pushing the golf trolley (mimicked the action to work out why). I'm Treasurer of my swim club and you've reminded me I need to close off last year's accounts (our year-end is 31st March). We don't have PayPal - just as well by the sound of it - but we use a Sumup machine to take card payments which is easy enough to keep track of. Not having had any swim sessions for a while (not since January in fact), has meant keeping on top of the club's finances has slipped down my list of priorities). Hope that sore throat goes away soon.

At the end of my walk yesterday evening, during rush hour, I had a busy junction I had to negotiate, which entailed jogging across the slip-roads. I carried on jogging after crossing the last road and didn't seem to have any after-effects. But as I was settling down to sleep, the top of my right calf was a bit sore. I thought it was a cramp at first - but it settled down after I did some stretching. Hopefully it won't amount to anything but if I try a bit of slow jogging at the end of any future walks, I'll be aware it may happen again.
20 Apr
10:43am, 20 Apr 2024
735 posts
  •  
Pam runs
Quick update.

Week 2 of 'epic heat' completed. A lot faster than 'iron' but still enjoying them. Even managed a proper push up. 💪
No running still, 3 weeks now.

Weight haven't bothered jumping on scales so no idea. 🤔
21 Apr
8:10am, 21 Apr 2024
736 posts
  •  
Pam runs
I ran. 10x1min walk/1min run without any pain. 😁 Small steps but happy days.
21 Apr
8:23am, 21 Apr 2024
2,318 posts
  •  
Shades
Pam runs that's great news. You've been really patient waiting for that injury to heal.

Still have my cold and elevated RHR so no running yet for me.

Settling down to watch London marathon now.
21 Apr
10:00am, 21 Apr 2024
22,187 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I didn’t know if the heat would have an effect on RHR

Sorry to hear you’re still under the weather Shades

I wish my company would help me on my way WtnMel I really have had enough. Hope the calf behaves and hope your mum is doing ok.

You’re doing great with CG Pam runs

SarahWoo have a brilliant holiday and hope you don’t miss out on all the nice food.

I got ready for my run yesterday and thought I was ready that I felt happy how I was looking, weight still high but feeling trimmer. My weight has stayed stable since coming home so happy with that. Packing pretty much done so many snacks in and wondering if I can squeeze in another skort!

About This Thread

Maintained by Mandymoo
Here we go another year, another start to the weight loss thread.

Let's give it our all this year and conquer our eating demons.

It's all about small changes, which lead to big changes.

LETS DO IT 🙌

Heres the link for the spreadsheet
docs.google.com

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.