Fetch can

21 watchers
Jun 2018
6:28pm, 9 Jun 2018
11,826 posts
  •  
FRU (KeepTheFaith)
Downloaded a free steps app last night, went on a shopping trip today, clocked up 3miles!

Made me question if I actually need a watch.. probably this will do

I also invested in a moleskin to start writing daily, water, steps, run and food

If I also then add a dive bar gate for water that will be positive

I purchased a book about “bowls”. Thought provoking for lunch pot

The main thing for me is I can’t just eat salad, get too hungry, so whilst we’ve already been trying to eat more veg inspired dishes (after a very self sufficient few days in the hills in Italy at Easter). This book just gives a proper in your face look at what to put together

I’m still toying with the idea of a slimming club but this is really about “for life” changing habits now and I’m out off a slimming club as I think I said before I’ve done that too many times and always end up getting the weight back on

Walking is a good warm up, so I’m going to try a new goal next week which will be to aim for 10,000 a day

That’s got to include a walk at lunchtime

Lunchtime is an interesting habit to build

I am office based, I’m also grounded in just working so rarely have a proper stop, my choice entirely, if I can build this habit it will tap into managing my day

Working through is easy, but then your not getting any time out, and I am someone who does get stressed, again my choice, taking 20mins for a walk minimum would really help

Interestingly I went bra shopping today, god I so hate that! However there we are, tatty bra replaced! That’s an honest view of changes, I’ve braved it and got the size I need. Another goal, reduce back down so what I was wearing actually fits! That’s at least 4 inches off in my book

I wondered if I should do some measuring instead of scales?
Jun 2018
6:29pm, 9 Jun 2018
11,827 posts
  •  
FRU (KeepTheFaith)
That’s a five bar, not a dive bar! Isn’t corrective spelling a blessing 😊
Jun 2018
6:36pm, 9 Jun 2018
13,914 posts
  •  
MissChappo
Keep the faith FRU! I'm on a similar journey. Have started running again and the Who Squares Wins game seems to have inspired me to do both that and cycling. I actually think I eat quite well but it must be the booze what does it.

Aiming for 10,000 steps is a good start.

I do like a good dive bar though ;-)
Jun 2018
7:16pm, 9 Jun 2018
11,828 posts
  •  
FRU (KeepTheFaith)
Booze... now that is a big part of this challenge

One to tackle
Jun 2018
7:16pm, 9 Jun 2018
11,829 posts
  •  
FRU (KeepTheFaith)
With a dive bar! Lol
Jun 2018
5:37pm, 11 Jun 2018
158 posts
  •  
Raemond
Yay for nice new bra!

It can be a struggle convincing yourself to spend on nice stuff that fits now when you're so fervently hoping that soon they'll be too big, but I think the immediate boost of having better looking and fitting things shouldn't be underestimated.

And don't forget that many things (ok, maybe not bras so much) can be sold on quite easily through various fb buy/sell/swap groups these days to reclaim some cash when you size down.
Jun 2018
10:01pm, 11 Jun 2018
13,916 posts
  •  
MissChappo
No booze today! What about you FRU?
Jun 2018
10:50am, 12 Jun 2018
11,831 posts
  •  
FRU (KeepTheFaith)
Ha!! You now what I put in my notebook yesterday MC... "No booze YEY"!

Feeling a bit bridget jones!

The moleskin book is doing ok.. I'm noting everything in there... they are so bloody expensive it's promoting me to actually use it! I'm on "noted" day four today

I've done no measuring, no weighing and all I'm going to do I think is just keep a tab on the belt notches, and also how well my run bra fits

I've also decided against a fitbit for now as the phone app seems to be perfectly good for what I want to do which is be encouraged to get out for a walk at lunchtime

Raemond - a new bra is like OMG... and it did make me re-think something. My last one's probably about two years old AT LEAST (Shame!!!!) - and actually I ought to put some better efforts into foundations. This one wasn't expensive

I think I am gearing up for a whole wardrobe bin out.. I've some amazing clothes - cant get in any of them and in reality I may never get back into them.. might be time indeed for a facebook swap shop

Today
I walked a little further from the car to work (go me!)
I've had two coffee and one pint of water I'm just finishing
We have mystery butter bean surprise for lunchbox!
Jun 2018
1:31pm, 12 Jun 2018
11,832 posts
  •  
FRU (KeepTheFaith)
**Update**

Don't make mystery butter bean surprise.. grim! Lol

Walked 2 miles in very refreshing drizzle, 1 mile of which with a collegue very nice to actually have a lunch break and talk twaddle for 10 mins!
Jun 2018
1:56pm, 12 Jun 2018
173 posts
  •  
Raemond
Yay twaddle!

Good luck with the wardrobe clear out and revamp - I've been on a bit of a mission myself in that department the last year or so and I've mostly really enjoyed it. 'Investing' in things good bras is a great (and healthy!) way to reward yourself for little victories :)

Now if only I could get my other half to actually spend half an hour going through his over stuffed wardrobe and get rid of the 80% or more of his shirts that no longer fit since he became a shadow of his former self.

About This Thread

Maintained by FRU (KeepTheFaith)
Watching and then reading up on the Newcastle Can movement really struck a chord with me

I'v...