Concussion

3 watchers
Aug 2013
9:17am, 21 Aug 2013
8,134 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
Hello, this is your resident fetch idiot :(

Last Thursday, I had a crash on my bike and hit my head. Short version is I was picked up by an ambulance. I have about 45-60 mins amnesia, I am not sure whether I was unconscious for any of it. I had a CT scan, all fine, stayed in hospital overnight, left feeling ok, and cycled on Saturday and Sunday.

Monday and Tues I didn't feel great but today feel really really horrendous. Dizzy, very sick, headache, didn't really sleep last night, whole body aches. I have read it can take 1-2 weeks to get over a smack on the head, but I'm wondering how 'normal' it is for it to be getting worse, and whether I should get checked out again. I feel guilty enough about the ambulance as it is and don't really want to waste any more NHS time! I very very nearly phoned in sick today, I can hardly move but feel bad about it as the whole affair is my own doing!

Anyone any experiences or any docs around to assure me its ok?!
Aug 2013
9:22am, 21 Aug 2013
18,922 posts
  •  
eL Bee!
Or, like Flatlander you could have a slow bleed, which can be quite serious if left unchecked.

Time to go play with the NHS young lady :)
Aug 2013
9:24am, 21 Aug 2013
8,135 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
Oh FFS :( Do I go to my GP for that?
Aug 2013
9:25am, 21 Aug 2013
26,737 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Domestic consensus here. It's not one bit normal for your head still to be getting worse (and any other injuries should have outed themselves by now) and you ought to take yourself to A&E.
Aug 2013
9:25am, 21 Aug 2013
26,738 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
No need to go through your GP, just go up to the hospital.
Aug 2013
9:29am, 21 Aug 2013
26,739 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
As for the "it's my own doing" thing ... WTF? You've lost it good and proper, lass. Definitely get to the hospital.
Aug 2013
9:31am, 21 Aug 2013
8,136 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
Very. Bad. Times.

Work are not going to like this one. Is minor injuries any good (there is one here) or does it need to be A&E? (I think that's a trip to Slough of all places :-o )
Aug 2013
9:31am, 21 Aug 2013
8,137 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
I mean my own doing for slipping on silly cattle grids on a bike. Noone to blame but myself!!
Aug 2013
9:32am, 21 Aug 2013
2,666 posts
  •  
Endorphins Junky
So not a medical professional, but getting worse at this stage can not be a good sign. Hospital. ASAP.
Aug 2013
9:35am, 21 Aug 2013
18,923 posts
  •  
eL Bee!
A&E - it'll use up fewer resources as minor injuries will send you there anyway :)

And unless you went "Oh look an wet cattle grid, I'll engineer an accident here......" which you didn't, it's not your own doing, just a set of circumstances that led to an accident.

About This Thread

Maintained by Gymfreak
Hello, this is your resident fetch idiot :(

Last Thursday, I had a crash on my bike and hit my he...