Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Brexit is directly impacting me now because....

23 watchers
Sep 2019
10:36am, 10 Sep 2019
3531 posts
run free
Working for NHS, been told they are much more stretched due to "EU nationals" leaving due to Brexit. Assume they will need to look further afield (like Asia/Africa) to increase "care workers" in the country. Did notice this when had to visit my local hospital last month.
Sep 2019
10:50am, 10 Sep 2019
659 posts
Akie
Company I work for operates in France so we've had to create a sister company based in France because legally we're not allowed to operate there if we're a non-EU company. Had to re-contract with all our customers and other third parties with this new company, been an absolute nightmare.
Sep 2019
10:56am, 10 Sep 2019
34744 posts
Nellers
I work for the European division of a US owned company. They've recently decided to move the European HQ to Dublin rather than London. There is a restructure of the UK part of the company ongoing at the mo. I'm waiting to find out if I'll have a job by the end of the year.
Sep 2019
11:52am, 10 Sep 2019
2255 posts
TomahawkMike
Interestingly, I was in South west of Ireland a couple of weeks ago and a shopkeeper (wool/yarn shop) told me that since last year the UK visitors to her shop (mainly women) have dropped to a trickle and these were tourists she relied on. She blamed brexit.
Sep 2019
9:34pm, 11 Sep 2019
3537 posts
run free
Local building company has told me they will have to put up prices due to Brexit. Wonder if the same is happening to food?
Sep 2019
4:12pm, 16 Sep 2019
3830 posts
Alice the Camel
A minor direct impact, but nevertheless...
I’m having to pay for my dog to have rabies screening blood tests ahead of our trip to Europe in January, just in case. There’s a good chance his EU pet passport won’t be valid by then.
Sep 2019
4:19pm, 16 Sep 2019
887 posts
Trin
We live in Spain and have lost thousands on the plummeting £.
There are many people living in Spain, some friends, who now can't afford to stay and have to return to the UK, which will also impact the UK services
jda
Sep 2019
4:40pm, 16 Sep 2019
5209 posts
jda
I got notification of my Estonian e-residency card a couple of weeks back, mrs jda also applying now so I'll wait until we can collect together and have a nice trip to London on expenses. "Expenses" is basically cash out of our pockets of course but at least we get a bit back on taxes.

F-i-L wondering about a Christmas trip to Netherlands to see his son and family. Hadn't got as far as realising he would need health insurance (which he won't get at any reasonable price). Of course in reality he probably won't need it (cos brexit won't happen) but difficult to plan ahead on that basis.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by TomahawkMike
Apart from the impact of months of feeling down, helpless and bewildered how is Brexit now affecting...