BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

The Environment Thread :-)

37 watchers
jda
24 Sep
6:01pm, 24 Sep 2021
10846 posts
  •  
jda
I would assume someone has just garbled the units and they mean MWh. Unless they are specifically referring to the max rate of supply, which is potentially an important factor in the design too (though in practice I suspect rarely a serious constraint).
25 Sep
7:32pm, 25 Sep 2021
39806 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
This feels optimistic. Battery free computing...?

independent.co.uk

:-) G
jda
25 Sep
7:49pm, 25 Sep 2021
10848 posts
  •  
jda
My remote light switch (which I got due to very random wiring decisions by previous house owner) is battery free. Just takes a bit of a firm press to click on and off. Some piezoelectric device inside to generate the signal.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
Hi
I've seen environment (whether emissions, power, climate change, access to countryside, whatever you think of as "environment") discussed in various threads: Politics (obviously), the Electric Car thread fetcheveryone.com/forum/electric-car-anyone-61481/ , run free's excellent "Competitive Running and Keeping The Environment Clean" fetcheveryone.com/forum/running-competitively-keeping-our-environment-clean-60907/ my own Greta Thunberg thread fetcheveryone.com/forum/greta-thunberg---jfk-for-the-climate-generation-61044/ etc. but I haven't seen a general one.

So here it is. For those interested in the science, the politics, the action for (and I'll state that for me, this is mostly pro-environment, anti-emissions, anti-pollution etc.) and the hope for the future of our planet.

Useful links posted by contributors:
rf_fozzy: This is quite a good article about how disruptive technology works too: lesswrong.com
Basically about why Kodak completely missed the boat when it came to digital cameras timkastelle.org
run free's Grand Designs example Ben Laws is a man who built his dream: granddesignsmagazine.com granddesignsmagazine.com
Carbon Commentary carboncommentary.com