Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Electric car anyone?

38 watchers
27 Jan
5:29pm, 27 Jan 2021
15020 posts
Garfield
*chuckles* ;)
27 Jan
5:38pm, 27 Jan 2021
5016 posts
Windsor Wool
just been out in the car and when I got to it the battery had gone down to from 51% -> 24% charge. All it had done was sit on the roadside since lunchtime.

Hmm...

Hopefully just a 1st charge / use issue rather than a battery issue in a brand new car!
27 Jan
6:08pm, 27 Jan 2021
13356 posts
larkim
You definitely need to get to used to what the various battery meters etc say. My e208 is very sensitive to the driving experience immediately before a charge. So if I careen downhill for 4 or 5 miles and then charge up, it will report a massive range, whereas if I drive uphill it will be poor.

Definitely sounds like your better half needs to get clued up as to where the chargers are and how to use them!! Worth getting that nailed before you run out of electrons!

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by larkim
Nattering about EVs; are you thinking about owning one? Do you own one? Are you terrified of owning one?

A thread for those with range anxiety, eco friendliness and petrol heads alike!

Close