BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Politics

5 lurkers | 162 watchers
11 May
10:50pm, 11 May 2021
75415 posts
swittle
Add Narendra Modi to those ^ Favours Hindu nationalism to the detriment of Moselms - and a huge covid-19 crisis ballooning day by day.
11 May
11:24pm, 11 May 2021
17612 posts
Chrisull
Yeah it's not like the UK ended freedom of movement... and sent EU citizens packing while boohooing about the lack of daffodil pickers, waiters and toilet cleaners in the state sanctioned media... oh wait.

Yes I don't like what Barnier says - that's what you expect from a right winger, he's very similar to Johnson, except he's not such a bloody liar and states much of it up front (in fact our whole country is historically tarred with the brush of being two faced backstabbers, hence the term "perfidious albion" - that's another thing to be proud of - ha). I was also reading about the Ballymurphy massacre of 1971 which I knew nothing. Jesus effing Christ, British army shooting people who went out to help the wounded, in the back, waving white flags, children, while they were crawling on the ground... and it took til 2021 to exonerate the dead????!!!!! but enough of that digression.

BUT YES Barnier is part of a direction of travel I don't like. In France you have Le Pen able to dictate too much of the discourse on the grounds she will likely contest the presidency again. So when Barnier says things like that it normalises such nonsense and moves everything further to the right.

Ultimately, though its why you want to be bound up in a union with friends and potential enemies as it restrains and manages their worst impulses, instead of managing 27 separate relationships with different countries all of which you could fall out with individually, with catastrophic consequences, when we're controlled by a man who can't even manage to keep his trousers buttoned up long enough to prevent himself accidentally fathering another child.
11 May
11:36pm, 11 May 2021
8514 posts
Too Much Water
There’s a fair chance of a military coup to install Le Pen I gather.

The UK is better off out of what is increasingly a far-right, anti immigration neo-liberal trade bloc which is on the side of big business and not the ordinary man.
12:07am
12:07am, 12 May 2021
25109 posts
Johnny Blaze
It seems to me that with Right Wing nationalism breaking out all over Europe we will rue the day that the EU began to splinter - we, of course being the most obvious example of that at the moment. Funny how it is that many of the most vehement anti-EU parties are right leaning. It's almost like they hate the idea of having to pool sovereignty as a necessary price for peace. Why could that be?

This drift rightwards will end badly - possibly extremely badly - if it isn't checked. The EU helped to ensure peace in Europe for 70 years but the headcases have short memories.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
A place where we can debate politics and along the way tick off all these logical fallacies.

yourlogicalfallacyis.com

When you debate here, please remember the following guide - How to Debate well:

bigthink.com

Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

US Republican Senators voting to Convict

Grast_girl - 25
Happy G - 21
Roberto - 20
JB, Nellers - 19
Big G -18

Simbil, Sushi 17 -- 17 needed --

JK - 16
Dvorak - 14
stuart little, macca53 - 11
B Rubble - 10
BanjoBax, J2R - 9