•  
Welsh Tangerine
x 2!!
Apr 2013
2:46pm, 3 Apr 2013
843 posts
  •  
jog-on
some quick runners there WT - although judging from your training you are no slouch yourself! :) You have done some good mileage there - whats your target time for the mara?
Apr 2013
3:12pm, 3 Apr 2013
25 posts
  •  
Welsh Tangerine
lol jog-on - I've trained "properly" for a marathon for the 1st time (used FE to log/monitor it) - a top local runner has been helping me out as he knew that this was a special marathon for me, with it finishing in Bloomfield Rd!! I'm very pleased with how it has gone and I'm really looking forward to giving it some on Sunday - I'll play it by ear, but hoping for around the 2h45m mark
Apr 2013
3:23pm, 3 Apr 2013
844 posts
  •  
jog-on
Thats a cracking time WT - Best of Luck with it :) Ill be a good bit behind you even if I run well! lol Pave the way for me Sir and Ill follow your scorch marks ;) lol
Apr 2013
5:10pm, 3 Apr 2013
852 posts
  •  
Pinkliverbird
Hi All :-)

Just popped in to wish everyone the best of luck for Sunday. Sorry I can't be with you all. My injury has healed and I will be OK for London Marathon as long as I take it nice and easy on the day, but not for Blackpool unfortunately. I will be having lots of fun at London though with no pressure on getting a certain time.

joegregory - I wouldn't try anything new on the day. Certain gels etc are not agreeable for everyone and make some runners ill. Best to try out on a training run first.

km10 - sorry to hear about your daughter and your set-backs. Go out to purely enjoy yourself and not worry about time - no pressure and you will be fine. Enjoy the moment, and as you say, whatever the time it will be a PB :-)

Hope you get your time WT. A 2:45 would be a super fantastic time.

By the way, if any of you are watching the London Marathon I will be wearing a British Heart Foundation vest with the name BEV on the front and will have some kind of pink hair. So give me a cheer coz I'm really a Fetchieeeeeeeeeee :-)
Apr 2013
7:48pm, 3 Apr 2013
157 posts
  •  
km10
Thanks Plb, good luck in London :)
Apr 2013
10:58pm, 3 Apr 2013
26 posts
  •  
Welsh Tangerine
Thanks ladies.

Very sensible plb to give Blackpool a miss to concentrate on vlm - hope it goes well and your injury trouble is beihind you.
Apr 2013
9:39am, 4 Apr 2013
845 posts
  •  
jog-on
Good luck in London PLB :)
Apr 2013
11:25am, 8 Apr 2013
857 posts
  •  
jog-on
How did everyone get on then?? Hurrah for some good running weather :D
Apr 2013
11:33am, 8 Apr 2013
118 posts
  •  
runningowl
Deciding to stick with the full Blackpool marathon and still trying for sub 3hr was a gamble after the loss of recent training but glad I did it. Still a massive PB and well under the GFA for VLM 2014

Weather was warm and while I felt ok physically and mentally, my legs just didn't have it in them from mile 20. Started off at sub 3hr pace, lost 10sec per mile from mile 17 then down to near 8min mile for miles 23-26 inc fighting a hamstring cramp for last 2miles.

Some days it works out, some days it doesn't. Oh well, maybe next time.

About This Thread

Maintained by Pinkliverbird
Just wondering if anyone has done the Blackpool Marathon before, or is doing it next year? Apparentl...